Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my first bike early last summer, the domino effect occured and just about every one of my friends bought a bike too. However they are really weird about riding. 1st one of my friends was ripping on me for "never riding" but I needed tires so I had to gather money and order some which took about 2 weeks. Now that my bike has tires I've been riding all the time and how many times has he gone riding with me? Once. I call him just about every week to see if he wants to go to bike night (with a really good turn out btw) which he declines and says "I will next week" His excuse is we ride too fast which is BS because the crew I usually go with rarely goes over 90 on the way there and I've told him this numerous times. He would know this if he actually went riding with us. My other friend rarely rides and when he does he always has his fat g/f on the back who likes to ruin a good ride because "She wants to go get ice cream", True story btw. One of my other friends goes riding occasionally but alot of times "he has a problem with his bike" even though it runs fine when he cruises the main strip and malls to watch the girls stare.[xx(] It seems out of my close friends I'm the only one that bought a bike to ride it. Luckily I have a bunch of riding buddies that actually like riding and we go riding all the time. It just gets discouraging to hear different excuses from my friends as to why they can't go riding.

·
Registered
381 Posts
damn! i wish i knew that many people that ride. i'm always flying solo. [V]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
One good crash will do that to you also. i don't ride as much as i used to because of a spill last summer. I'm getting over it, but it's a slow process.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I crashed last year too. It never slowed me down. None of my friends have ever been down, except one who tipped over trying a stoppie.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey man i feel ya, my closest friends that ive known since i was 3, all 3 of them bought bikes after i did.
1 is scared of it and only goes out on SUNNY sunday afternoons(lol) 1 of them is pu$$y whipped and is only "allowed to ride with his girl" and the other which is my best friend rides maybe once a month with me but goes out to the strip in DC to pick up bi*%$es every weekend and never picks up his phone. i ride everyday i can and what i thought was gonna be a close nit riding crew turned out to be a bunch of posers !! sorry for the rant but i agree with you fully.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I only have two friends that ride. One with a Hayabusa, the other with a ZZR600. Both ride every day as their bikes are what they use for their work commute. My friend with the busa went riding with me once, but he works a lot and I have not been able to get him out on the roads with me again yet. My friend with the ZZR600 though just isn't really interested in group riding. She uses the bike for her commute, but doen't really ride it for fun as far as I can tell. She has had her bike for a little over a year and only has 5k miles on it. I have had mine 3 months and am at 3k already. I would have more miles but last month was spent getting things ready for my wedding, so I didn't get to ride on weekends hardly at all. :( I am hoping now that the wedding is behind me, that I will have a bit more free time to try to find people to ride with.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Wow....I ride my bike 100 miles every day. I commute to work and back and then go hit the twisties for about an hour. The weekends I also put a few hundred miles on. I can't even remember the last time I drove my cage.

You're lucky that you at least know that many people with bikes though. I wish I had one friend with a bike....the only person who I can count on cruising with me is my friend in his WRX [:p]

·
Registered
403 Posts
One of my buddies has a custom GSXR 750 with a single sided swing arm and custom paint. He hasn't ridden it in a year....Then when we used to go riding the minute we would stop to get something to eat he was done..Right home..He would have had it trailered home if he could. Lucky for me theres plenty of people around me that still ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.