Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEONE KNOW OF NE COMPANIES THAT MAKE FILLERS FOR THE HOLES LEFT WHEN U REMOVE THOSE GRAB BARS. I WANT THEM GONE BUT DONT LIKE THE LOOK OF THE HOLES EITHER. THE TAIL IS PLASTIC ANYONE THINK SHAVING THE HOLES IS A GOOD IDEA. OR WILL THE FILLER BLEED THRU

·
Registered
182 Posts
i seen people put universal blinkers on the front holes. as far as the verticle stubs, i have no clue. fiberglass isn't that hard at all if u just want to shave it and fill it.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i would just put a sticker over each hole lol
Ben

·
Registered
25 Posts
a can of bondo hair which is fibeglass filler is like $8 All I did was put a peice of cardboard on the backside of the hole fill it in with glass pull the cardboard off and sand smooth really easy

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
we call it gorilla hair lol and BTW its "Bondo Glass"
Ben
sorry for the thread jack

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
92066-1389 is a basic kawasaki part...plain black plug that goes in the hole to fill it in nicely...cheap and does the job!

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Yeah, have it done by a body shop. My buddy on the forum (2005_ZZR) had his cousin's shop do it for him and repaint with some custom paint. He was able to get the paint code to his cousin, and the paint job was perfect! Here are some pictures... pm him if you want to know more he probably has some more pics too...

·
Registered
38 Posts
one thing ill say about those ugly bars is they work perfectly if its ever downed in saving the tail end. Without that i would be putting new plastic on. Those and a set of frame sliders, magic

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
personally, I think they look better WITH the grab bars in most cases. yes, they're ugly, but I think the tail looks worse without them. I didn't remove them from my '01.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by badassjake
92066-1389 is a basic kawasaki part...plain black plug that goes in the hole to fill it in nicely...cheap and does the job!
yea I did the same thing. Works awesome for the price. $3

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by Geech

yea I did the same thing. Works awesome for the price. $3

Link is busted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.