Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I hope UK members are welcome here - are there many?

If so how are you all getting on with your bikes, had mine since june. Finally convinced my wife to get one too and get her off cuisers - only thing is even though its a low seat height we still will need to drop it by about 3 inches - anyone done this on the EU version ? The only kits seem to be for the USA market - also if anyone has lowered it - has your ground clearance reduced?

Mark.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You are welcome, as far as I'm concerned, great to have you here.

I don't have any info on lowering, but hopefully someone will help you out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mark, take everything here with a grain of salt.
Trust, Kkim the resident expert.

Off-topic, How old is the show Coupling?
That shit is Hilarious!

Regards

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey,
thanks for the welcome.

Coupling is late '90's i think. - can you understand the welsh character?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The last episode/season I've seen Steve had to propose, Jeff is dated his boss. How many years/seasons are left?

Welsh character is, who ?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Mark,

well... don't know about the "resident expert" part, but I do know I bleed green.:D

wow, dropping it by 3 inches is a lot. I don't see why the US market lowering stuff wouldn't work...as far as I know, there is no differences in the suspension between markets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I would suggest emailing Roaring Toyz and see about their lowering kit and if it would fit your wife's bike.

Also, PM user "zartan"... I know she's lowered her bike and she can answer a lot of your lowering questions.

lowering 3 inches??? exactly how tall is your wife? :)

welcome to the board.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi, thanks for the welcome..

Ive looked at roaring toyz and have already mailed them no reply as of yet, however i did notice that they only ship domestic - USA only, havent managed to find a UK dealer as of yet.
My bike is at our main Kawi dealer at the moment and they are working out if it can be done as a custom job. yeah 3 inches is alot ! she's 4ft 10.5" thats why she has stuck to cruisers as they have really low seat heights, but she's still on a 125 which is really really slow.. In the UK the next size cruiser up from 125 is 750cc and weighs over 250kg which is just tooo heavy for her..

We sort of thought that lowering the bike itself by about 2 inches and then getting the seat sculpted out by another inch to get her feet planted on the floor.

We've not ordered her bike yet - as the dealer wants to make sure it can be done before we do so - they're great guys!

Will send zartan a pm and ask, thanks for the info.

Mark.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hiya mate,

Fellow UK 250R owner here.
The bike is brilliant. Have you come across any rear huggers in the UK yet i really want one. Ive just ordered a tail tidy from R and G.

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome mark! i spent some time driving in the UK, never quite got it down with an american spec full size ford truck! sure wish i had my bike when i was there, then i don't care WHAT side of the road i'm on!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
If Roaring Toys wont respond to you I'm sure theres someone on the board that could act as an "intermediate shipper" and send them to you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If Roaring Toys wont respond to you I'm sure theres someone on the board that could act as an "intermediate shipper" and send them to you.
I know that could happen :) I need a set of them 250r stickers for the rear cowling also, no shop's I have e-mailed overseas will help. Sounds like a good trade of services ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hiya mate,

Fellow UK 250R owner here.
The bike is brilliant. Have you come across any rear huggers in the UK yet i really want one. Ive just ordered a tail tidy from R and G.
hi delvey,
nice to see another UK bike here.
I havent looked for a hugger as of yet - please let me know how tail tidy,

Btw, what tyres did you change to, or did you stick with the originals?

Mark.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mal1ce,
thanks for the reply and kind offer, our local main agent solved this for us by using fitting ZX6 parts to lower it. We got it back yesturday, and we think its lost 2 inches in height without reducing the ground clearance too much.

Only problem is - i cant get my bike back off the wife !! lol,

mark.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know that could happen :) I need a set of them 250r stickers for the rear cowling also, no shop's I have e-mailed overseas will help. Sounds like a good trade of services ;)
Hi,
which 250 stickers are you on about? I didnt know there was any of the rear cowl?

THis is a stupid question but - if its a gen. kawi part, cant all dealers get it ? I would love to know that, as im very jelious of the red 250R and wished it was available in the UK.

Mark.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi,
which 250 stickers are you on about? I didnt know there was any of the rear cowl?

THis is a stupid question but - if its a gen. kawi part, cant all dealers get it ? I would love to know that, as im very jelious of the red 250R and wished it was available in the UK.

Mark.
They dont show up on our parts list(US). I have e-mailed around the globe for them :)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They dont show up on our parts list(US). I have e-mailed around the globe for them :)
hi,
those are stock, they come on the bike - personally i wish they werent there as most ppl ask "is it really a 250?"

I guess you dont get that on your tail then as standard?

Its not on the UK accessories list, the only stickers are -http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/product.asp?Id=340E46FDDDF&Sub=5&SId=340EB172116

·
Registered
836 Posts
hi,
those are stock, they come on the bike - personally i wish they werent there as most ppl ask "is it really a 250?"

I guess you dont get that on your tail then as standard?
Yeah, they dont come with our bikes. Would be a stock factory part order overseas.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts