Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to mount my license plate up under the tail section, above the tire. i did some searching and couldnt find any kind of kit or instruction on how to do this on the 2001 zx6r. i just want to clean up the look of the rear end; i'm also getting an undertail kit and integrated lights. does anybody have this plate setup or know how to do it?

·
Registered
270 Posts
i drilled holes in my battery tray and mounted it there. there are only two holes holding it on
i was thinking of doing that on my bike but i was not sure if i would get pulled over alot or not. you have any problems?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i had mine in front of my tire and i got pulled over a ton. I then moved it right under the tail light. I went to the hardware store and bought 2 very small "L" brackets and just screwed them to the undertail and bolted the plate on. 5 minute job at most and it looks fine.
Ben

·
Registered
270 Posts
i had mine in front of my tire and i got pulled over a ton. I then moved it right under the tail light. I went to the hardware store and bought 2 very small "L" brackets and just screwed them to the undertail and bolted the plate on. 5 minute job at most and it looks fine.
Ben

like this?

i dont like it that much, so i want to move it to the battery tray and put a good light on it and hope i dont get pulled over alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.