Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Understanding the wiring diagrams

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  turbopascalwiz 
#1 ·
White Rectangle Product Schematic Font

Guys I was going through the owners manual of Ninja 650R ( 2013) and in a few parts of the wiring diagrams I'm not able to identify the color correctly for instance here from the switch present inside the fuel pump relay (10) I don't know where the wire leads to it is given as " /R " and I'm not able to identify it correctly what do I do?

See less See more
#2 ·
The red wire helps drive your fuel injectors and other parts, it's run from fuse #13, through the fuel cut off switch. It goes in to the coil in that relay, which is grounded by the ECU. If the ECU wants to toggle that relay switch, it sets that terminal to ground (Brown/Yellow). Relay 10 is the fuel pump switch which supplies the fuel pump/injectors with power from RELAY #9, the ECU Power one switch, which derives its power from FUSE #12.

Relays are switches, that are toggled by the 'coils' that you see inside the boxes. The ones you see are NORMALLY OPEN, (not normally closed), this is how electronics are used to 'toggle' higher power signal lines/power lines, with out risking blowing out the smaller pins/higher density connectors. The logic is in the ECU. Feel free to ask more specific questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.