Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this months issue of CYCLE WORLD http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/ has an ad for totally 100% hidden undertail exhausts. The are a small can hidden under their aftermarket undertail. All you can see is the very end of the pipe that pokes through the undertail.
The ad says it is available for GSX-R600, 750, and 1000's, CBR600RR, YZF-R6, YZF-R! and says ALL 2004's coming soon. I went to their website and the site doesn't even mention one word about this ad or that they even offer undertail exhausts. I emailed them a week ago and they have not responded. I would like to find out if they are going to make one for our bike. I have a feeling that they will. if anyone else wants to try to contact them here is their info:
phone: 800-555-2805
email: [email protected] and [email protected]

Here's also a pic of how someone else made their own.

·
Registered
469 Posts
saw their add as well if you go to their website it has a coming soon superbike etc etc..wonder when they plan on releasing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
is that 750.00 plus supplying your own exhaust or is that total with new exhaust?
Rob Lee
How much of a difference you you think handling one would feel?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by teebo7
Rob Lee
How much of a difference you you think handling one would feel?
That will vary with rider feel.

At that distance, the uninsulated midpipe will quickly heat the shock, which will fade because it is not designed to hold oil and nitrogen at that temperature. The problem will be made worse in time as the oil heat cycles and its viscosity takes a dip; if you are in tune with the bike, you will notice it.

For that reason, other undertail exhausts are better-insulated and routed outside the swingarm. For instance, check out bos-exhausts.com.

Aftermarket undertail exhausts are a bit of a fashion statement. There is nothing wrong with that, but other exhaust solutions give better power and retain the handling.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hotbodies will have their new website up very soon. There are no plans on doing the zx6r's right now but will do the 10r's. If you guys call and harrass them about the 6r's I'm sure they will do it. Current systems that are done are the '00+ gixxers, '02+ r1, '03+ r6 and are working on a system for the cbr600rr. On the gixxer 1k, just bolting the system on made 4 hp and with a remap of the power commander, it made 10 hp.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks awesome, but its gonna get hot as hell. Is hot boddies undertail exhaust even possible. Without some sort of air flow through the tail section, heh it would get pretty f'ing hot. imo

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IM sure its all TI under there.
TI doesn't get too hot. I can go for a 3 hour trip, let the bike idol for 10 mins and still be able to keep my hand on my TI pipe for however long.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Actually the whole system is ceramic coated and the muffler is wrapped in a heat blanket. There is also some extra heat shielding provided with the system. The gixxer was tested on a 3 hour ride and there were no problems.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Thanks Tommy...

Yeah, I have been meaning to join and finally got off my ass to do it. I am wrapping up the paint job on my '03 6r race bike so I will post some pics soon. As for the undertail exhaust thing, let's just say I have insider information. If you guys want the one for the 6r, I can't stress how much it would help if you call and ask them for it. Just don't say I sent you.;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.