Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Call it "fender eliminator", "undertail tuck", "rear kit" or whatever...
The bottom line is that everyone is doing it!
I’m just here to share my recent work and to get a second opinion from all of you!

I didn't spend $150 bucks for a kit! These are all reused parts from the bike, except for the LED turn signals.

PIC#1

PIC#2

PIC#3

PIC#4

VID#1
MPEG Video (NOT FOR DIAL-UP) LED turn signals at work

What can I say? The 03 636 rules!

I forgot to mention...
Total cost: $11.84
Total time: start to finish about 45 minutes

·
Registered
49 Posts
- both ends up –
Since I didn’t want to drill my fairings, I’ve inserted them through one of the “plastic rivet” holes. I did have use a Dremel (multi-purpose rotary tool or a round file) to bore out the hole a little more, just enough to fit properly and not pinch the 2 power cables.

- LUV2SURF –
These are super white LED turn signals and during day-time, visibility is good. No problems so far, but their not as bright as the stock turn signals.

- NY DAVE -
PIC#1 should’ve answered your question! The plate is mounted flush under the tail and screwed through the holes that are already there.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can see what is suppossed to be a plate in #1, but draw a blank on seeing any actual plate in any of the other pictures. You plan on telling any cops to "Look at picture #1, damn it!"? Looks pretty sweet though[:p]

Step 1-Twist handle
Step 2-Hold on!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by edward

- NY DAVE -
PIC#1 should’ve answered your question! The plate is mounted flush under the tail and screwed through the holes that are already there.

AMAZING! Thats same combination on my luggage!

"TEARS will get you sympathy,
SWEAT will get you change"

·
Registered
83 Posts
O i saw the plate in pic 1 i was just being sarcastic. Ive tucked my plate on my gixxer but i made sure it was still visible. To me that is just asking to be fucked with.

WWW.bendoe.com
VEGAS KNIGHTS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Edward,
What did you do to your front turn signals, that rear underplate came out sweet...props to ya! Where did you get the rear signals from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yo i just bought the 03 636 blue and o ordered the fender eliminator kit but it fukin blows... i payed 20 bux for a bracket and two bulbs that look kinda stupid...they make nothing for this bike yet..does anyone know where to order a kit????[?]

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Stupid question on this topic that i've had on my mind for a long long time....WHY THE HELL DO THEY PUT THOSE FREAKING MUD FLAPS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE? EVERYONE takes them off!!

ahhhh.....i feel better now
Anyone willing to comment on this misterious topic?

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos

WHY THE HELL DO THEY PUT THOSE FREAKING MUD FLAPS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE? EVERYONE takes them off!!
I agree, but despite the obvious legal reasons, the industry has caught on!
On most recent model sport bikes the "rear fender" or "mud flaps" are simple BOLT ON and are no longer are part of the body. So instead of hack-sawing the darn thing all you need is a wrench!

And to answer what some of you have been asking!

*** WHERE CAN I GET THOSE TURN SIGNALS? ***

The LED turn signals can be purchase at PEPBOYS, AUTOZONE or any AUTO supply store. Ask for a "windshield washer nozzle” with LED lights.

I'll post pictures of actual box packaging soon

BTW thanks for all your comments and keep those tails clean!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.