Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASTYZX6R,

Most of us here with a pre 03 bike have aftermarket undertails. There are a bunch of undertail manufactures. It just depends on exactly what you are looking for.

Some color match better than others, I think it depends on the vendor. When you order one, make sure that along with your make/model/year you specify an exact color. For example, just don't say "red" say "passion red", or "firecracker red" etc, depending on the color of your bike.

A few undertail vendors are Targa, Texasfairing, Hotbodies, Ermax, Pyramid, CompetitionWerkes, Eurobikes, Devilbikes, etc, the list goes on and on.

A would say the installation requires moderate skills and tools and is a moderate degree of difficulty. Nothing the average person could not tackle by themself. A second person really helps though and can cut down installation time.

Browse the member pics section to see examples of various peoples undertails. That's where I got all my ideas before I bought mine.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah like he said, try the search feature.

i have a undertail form pyramid plastics that allows you to keep the trunk. it was a pain to install it and now the front and rear seat doesnt sit right[V]

"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was wondering who has installed an undertail and what kind? Was it hard to do? Which one fits the best? Do the ones that come painted really match the factory colors? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks guys....

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arturo,

I have the Pryamid as well and everything fits squeaky clean. What happened?

-Flash

------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a hotbodies undertail that I just installed yesterday. Looks great and the color matches perfectly. Not too bad to install. Did myself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the a hotbodies also that I installed myself. The bad news is its not the exact same color I asked for. I specifically said "pearl chrome yellow for my 02 zx6r" and they said "sure, thats the color we're sending". well, I got it and sure enough, it was a different color yellow, not off by much, but enough to piss me off. I sent them an email to complain and all they said was they just use the average yellow from kawasaki motorcycles. I was like whatever, so now im stuck with a different color undertail untill I paint it myself. Im just having a hard time finding that specific paint. If you guys have any leads on where I can find pearl chrome yellow paint. let me know, heres a pic of my newly installed undertail.

MDzx6r has attached this file: undertail.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.