Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good suggestions for an undertail selection? I have a 2003 636, color blue, and I cant find a good aftermarket for it. I found one from Hotbodies racing, however they have been dicking myself and my dealership around. Does anyone else have probs with them? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah i have a great idea. go to home depot, get a piece of metal and bend it like i did for 4 bucks. i also went to the local dealer and got a pair of skinny blinkers to replace the stock lights in the back. just get 2 L bent peices of metal and attach them to the licence plate holder. took me about 2 hours and it looks great. get some rubber or foam and put it between the bike and the screws and all the metal to metal and there is no vibration. the lights cost me 13 bucks and they are small and oval and look good and are very bright. so i just saved you 150 bucks almost. but ill settle for a shot of jack next time you are in albany , ny. later. if you need more details, shoot me back a reply

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 03 has a great looking undertail, ( I have a 03 blue as well) went to my local true value and bought a piece of 3/8 x 3/8 aluminum channel in a 4 foot section for 6 dollars...... figured out how wide i needed it and made a small cut in it with my dremel down the center and then wacked 3/8 off the sides and vola!!!! nice looking boxed ends......... drill ou the holes to bolt up to the stock holes ( you can use he front or the rear holes that the clunky black fender came off of and drill 2 holes on the sides for blinkers and finally drill 2 holes in the front for the plate. thats it.... got the colored lense carbon short stalk stubbies from Rumble Import for about 20 bucks. i have about 26 dollars in the mod and get compliments on it all the time from friends........ especially the people who have the integrated fenders who had to hacksaw theres off and hae them look like shit..... be happy your bike has a great looking ASS and you can mod it for dam near free....... e mail me at [email protected] ifyou want some pictures of the mod..... oh, by the way... i drilles a hird hole in the top where the mod bolts onto the bike to pass the wires through..... trust me its a seww cheap mod (the best type) ~*~t0x1c LowZ~*~

·
Registered
200 Posts
well if you have a high mount pipe and a clean up kit your rt turn will hit the pipe in most cases we r offering a sweet undertail with led turns allready painted 185 photos coming

·
Registered
47 Posts
yep, with a highmount exhaust you can't have stalk rear turn signals. Either have to go with the undertail kit like 220 is talking about or use flushmounts, which do mount easily.

All I used for my fender eliminator were two L-brackets bolted into the same holes that were used for the original fender. Very easy and costs a dollar.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yah it is. but it's cheaper off that site. $179.00 vs. $199 from hot bodies themselves and pretty much the cheapest of all the other retails sites I've been searching for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.