Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on a ride today, when passing a fellow biker, he waved then ran his hand over the top of his helmet a few times. A bit confused, around the next bend was a grip of cops pulling people over. Has anyone seen this signal before? Forgive if it is common knowledge, nothing in the search and little riding experience here...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have seen it. Around here we tap the top of our helmet, kinda like your patting yourself on the head.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
good to know....

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Just because it has a diffrent meaning to the MSF does'nt mean that riders dont make up there own signs.

I guess that in Orlando it means cops

I wasn't saying that.......I just posted it for reference.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
We tip our head a bit, and pat the top left side of our helmet around here.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
lol I got the head tap from a gentleman standing on his deck up in the hills when i was riding the canyons last 2 weeks ago (muholland hwy). I looked up and saw him leaning over his fence tapping his head pretty fast and really trying to get my attention. I made a u-turn and went the other way, givin'em a thumbs up on my way down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe the head tap is a F*** you sorta signal on the roads in Germany. I may be mistaken though, that's the only other time I'd heard of it.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
tap the top of your lid to signal oncomming riders and riders behind you to let them know the are waiting to tag ya....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts