Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to make bike slightly easier to wheelie in second i read a lot about going -1 up front or +3 in the rear, but it seems like it has a drastic effect. Is is possible to just go +1 in the rear for a easier wheelie and little effects on top speed, how often i have to shift, etc?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It is not as drastic a change as you think it is. I am 2+ in back and my speedo. still sees 175. Maybe I got a freak bike. Everyone else claims their top speed decreased but mine did not. I like it so much I am going -1 in front. I am sure that will reduce my top end some, but for drag racing you won't see over 140mph anyways and the wheelies will be so much easier and just think about the acceleration out of corners.

·
Registered
999 Posts
When I went -1 on the front I wasnt very drastic. But to me its just as easy to wheelie a bone stock bike as one that is geared down. Just keep practicing and that will help more than gearing. Even with that said -1 down in the front helps the bike out to me and makes it a little better to ride over all.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
+1 isn't worth the effort. You're not going to see enough change to even bother with that. I'm -1 +2 and I'm pulling 7K at 70 with about a 150 top. It makes the bike much more enjoyable to ride and it'll still blast down the highway if you feel like it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is the gearing very different on the 2003? Has anyone done this to one and if so, how much impact has it had on your RPMs at cruising speed (55-75)?

Squidly

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I went down one toof on the countershaft sprocket so the bike would rev-out completely at Gratten Raceway down the front straight. The thing runs at about 7k at 75 mp/h.

Since the gearing has moved the powerband back a little bit, it's now a breeze wheelying out of intersections leaned over :D I enjoy scaring the shit cagers hehehehehe

·
Registered
16 Posts
i went up 2 on the rear sprocket and its easier to wheelie and i thought i would loose a lot of top end but didnt really i lost about 7-8 miles per hr off my top speed but it will change your speedometer at 100 mph i actually was doing 104-105 on my speedometer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.