Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well just reached 1069 miles changed my oil at 580 i used maxima gold semi synthetic. ive been ridin my finace on it geting used to it and ive been hearing a slight ticking sound so im taking it to my local dealer wher e ibout it from keep you posted on that. also i just bought a speed tactics fe kit will post pix up soon

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sure, take it to the dealer for the Kawi tick. They'll tell you it's nothing. It's the Cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sounds like you got the Kawi Tick dude! At the about the right time too! Like a bunch of other posters. I haven't heard mine yet but I expect to. And when it happens I won't be worried. Plenty of vids on youtube and comments about it. It's normal. Congrats, it's a tick tick tickeeeerrrrrr! It's a Kawi!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update!!!! you guys where right took it to the dealer and they said kawi tick its the cma chan tensioner, and i overfilled the oil so they drained a lil bit freekin charged me 24 bucks the theives but its all good to go now for my trip to lake george april 30th

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
update!!!! you guys where right took it to the dealer and they said kawi tick its the cma chan tensioner, and i overfilled the oil so they drained a lil bit freekin charged me 24 bucks the theives but its all good to go now for my trip to lake george april 30th
Just think you could of filled her up twice at the pumps if you would have drained your excess oil yourself .

·
Registered
66 Posts
sarcasm ftw!

On a side note, I too notice this stupid ticking sound. Does it ever go away or do I have to get the manual cct?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You can just use a turkey baster (or any sort of syringe that will fit) and suck it out of the top.

So difficulty, I'd give it a 10/10.
I love this idea! +1 dude thanks! That's even easier then having to unscrew the plug. I need to do this actually. We have a turkey baster we use for fluids in the workshop. I'm always finding nice good to know tips on this forum. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
bump pics of the beast, since ive posted mad times with no pic heres a few with the stock mudflap and one i took tonight not so good of the speedtactics fe kit let me know what you guys think
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG] and this one with the fe kit on installed today will get better pix my tripod broke
[/IMG]

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
I love this idea! +1 dude thanks! That's even easier then having to unscrew the plug. I need to do this actually. We have a turkey baster we use for fluids in the workshop. I'm always finding nice good to know tips on this forum. :)
np :) hope it works for ya.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts