Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

BUT ... it'll look SO much better when I install THIS ...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
As said before, Gorgeous bike. I knew you'd do right with her. Can't wait to see some pics with the Akro on it. I'd love to hear this bike with it on [:p]

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're the 10mm spools. I originally ordered 'em from LP, but they have a real delay in delivery these days for some reason (2 mos!!!) so I ordered the BRC ones, same price, actually a wider spool too.

As for the Akrapovic, I've committed to completing the break-in using the stocker, just to be sure. So if the damn WINTER would go away (notice the snow on the driveway still) I'd be done LONG ago... I'm hoping I'll have it all together by the end of March, but ya never know.

And yeah, these pics don't BEGIN to do justice for the build quality of the Akrapovic. I had a D&D on the last bike, and I've seen plenty of Yosh's on my buddies' bikes, but the D&D doesn't compare at ALL, and the Yosh isn't even quite the same for the old "oooooooo" factor... it's absolutely flawless, and the brushed ti is unreal. Gotta see it to understand what I mean.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was wondering if you knew the pitch of the 10mm spool bolts? See, a friend of mine makes delrin spool sliders and I want to have some made so I can give them away on this forum promoting my buisness, Both Ends Up. I'm almost certain they have a 1.5 mm pitch but I need to know for sure before I can go ahead with it.

www.bothendsup.com

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good luch with the bike;)

Those titanium pipes weigh close to nothing. I help the Devil titanium in my had and could not believe it.

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That slip on pipe and cannister you are looking at in my photo is gonna save me (get this...) 9 POUNDS off the stocker !!! Unbelievable. My bike's dry weight is tagged at 355 pounds... make it 346 now. (Heh, in fact make it 341, 'cuz I got rid of the passenger pegs, the fender, and the bulky signals...) Now all I need is carbon fiber bodywork and I'm in business... ;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
DJ,
What price did you get that pipe for? Also, why the slip-on instead of the full? I hear the the full can take some power away from low and mid range? does the slip on at all?

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid large for this pipe because it's a ti slip on pipe as well... something in the neighborhood of $1000 CDN plus taxes... but it was in stock... ;)

And you're right, the full system focusses more on the upper portion of the powerband - where gains are HUGE... but you pay a slight price from 0-5000 rpm... nothing TOO major though... plus, when you want to power down, you'll never be below 5k or you'll be eaten anyway.

The slip on can't refocus power like that, so all it does is allow better airflow, so the powerband stays basically the same but slightly increased. Like this:

... keep in mind this graph is on the ZX6RR, not the 636...

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is amazing! 9 Pounds! Are you gonna dyno any time soon? I wanna see what the 636 looks like on dyno in comparison to stock. After you do the carbon fiber body, what else are you planning?

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan to dyno it, but I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to do 2 dyno's with and without the Akrapovic unfortunately...

We'll see... wanna get it fully broken in first...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, that is understandable. You gain horsepower as it breaks in. I know that mine has gained power since I bought it. I can't tell if she is at her full potential or not, but still plenty enough for me!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bah, sorry I was kidding about the CF bodywork... could never afford that stuff...

I have a few more minor tweaks I'm thinking about... like a non-passenger muffler hanger, the Zero Gravity DB screen (already ordered), colored bolt kit and anodized reservoir caps, maybe some decent frame sliders, and if I figure it's gonna help... a steering damper. I also have a buddy who does braided brake lines for cheap. Once I get some worn parts, a gold sprocket and x-ring chain, and upgraded brake pads.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The front signals in these pics are Lockhart Phillips Flushmount V's, which I've since switched to the same ones that are on the back (Lockhart Phillips SS2 short stalks...)

I found the V's facing backwards weren't as bright as I'd like... and I bought an adaptor kit from Huge Industries which worked out VERY nicely... I got more pics coming someday...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.