Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL GUYS I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST THIS BUT TOMOROW IM GOING TO GO OUT TO GET ME A 1000. IVE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH AND THE ALL AROUND TOP CONTENDORS ARE THE GIXER 1000 AND OF COURSE THE ALMIGHTY ZX10R. I STARTED RIDING 5 YEARS AGO WITH AN 01 CBR600 F4I, WHEN THE NEW ZX6R CAME OUT IN 03 I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND PURCHASED IT. I HAD A BLAST FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS UNTIL I TOTALED IT DOING A WHEELIE.[xx(] SO I WENT OUT AND GOT ME AN 06 636. NOW I FEEL ITS TIME I GO FOR THE LITER BIKE. THE ONLY REASON WHY I DIDNT GET THE 10R WHEN I GOT MY 06 WAS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THE BADEST LOOKING 10R WAS THE 03-05 MODELS. FOR MY LUCK THEY CHANGED IN 06 AND I REALLY DONT LIKE IT AT ALL. DONT GET ME WRONG IM KAWI ALL THE WAY BUT I JUST CANT GET ATACHED TO THE NEW 10. SO NOW THAT MY CUZIN CONVINCED ME TO SELL HIM MY 636. IM LEFT WITH THE HARDEST DECISION I HAVE TO MAKE. DO I GO WITH THE POWER OF 10R OR GO FOR THE LOOKS OF THE GIXER.[V]

·
Registered
602 Posts
get the 10r in orange or black. badass looking bikes once you get an exhaust on there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
10r for sure man..see if they change it in 07 or somthen if u dont like the 06..but i read the raiting and i dont get why they raited it 3rd..thats one bad powerfull bike man

·
Registered
138 Posts
hmmm....i think its funny how they all just say 10R w/o giving you any reason. Both are very good bikes, i say you sit on both and whatever attracts you the most get that one.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I would say 10r, look into ducatis they are *ucking nice. I think imma try to get a monster or 748 next.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yeah man, just wait a bit if you can as if you considering a GSXR 1000 then the new one will be out in the 4 months..
ooops, sorry but you said were doing wheelies and totaled the one bike?
Well if your into stunting Please get the Suzuki..

Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the ZX-10R, just read masterbike results..anything other then that for track performance doesnt mean shit..
The 10R can do it all..but the exhaust looks like complete shit,,so does the AKRA,Arrow,TBR, pretty much all of them in my opinion, except that 3 pipe undertail one, and the Boz dump kit

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
"DO I GO WITH THE POWER OF 10R OR GO FOR THE LOOKS OF THE GIXER"
Go with the gix, it's got plenty of power and the "looks" that you want. You probably won't get the full power out of either of them anyway.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
IMHO, the 2006 10R in Orange is the best looking bike in the world. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Then again, that's just my opinion. And in five or so years when I'm ready to upgrade to a liter, I know what I'll be getting [:p]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Might as well just give in a buy a gixxer, I mean, everyones doin it. The blind leading the blind, jumpin off a bridge and your following. To me Gixxers look so much more cheaply built, while the 10r looks so much more refined, and then the numbers tell the story for performance, 10r all the way. And even if you never fully use it to its potential everyone already knows its been the top performing bike for at least the last three years now. Trust me, thats always in the back of gixxer boy's head when he pulls up next to you at the track or the stoplight. He knows you have a superior bike. Don't let these cats on here tell you otherwise, The 10R reigns supreme.

·
Registered
338 Posts
10R is one sexxy monster... GSXR is one sexxy beast... R1 is one sexxy MAMA....

so decide, You want the MONSTER? the BEAST or the MAMA?

10R-Red Head..[}:)]
GSXR-Brunette[:I]
R1-Blond..[B)]

haha jk...
all of them are great bikes, but you just have to decide what your comfortable on and your $$$ (only if yo POO like me....)issue...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dont jump the gun and buy either of them. Just be patient and see what the new crop of Liter bikes will offer or you will be like [B)]damn I should have waited. I am interested to see how the variable valve timing that the new R1 is supposed to have, very interesting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ride the bikes man and then decide, I have rode both, and there both impressive. The gixer has a huge amount of low end torque but lacks on top compared to the 10r, as far as comfort, the 10r wins hands down, but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wait until the end of September to do anything. The GSXR1K will be announced. The new R1 will be announced. There will not be a new 10R for 2007 since it was updated for 2006. The CBR was updated this year too. So, if nothing else, there should be some deals to be had on leftover 2006 GSXR1K and 2006 R1s once the 2007s are announced. All the literbikes are incredibly, mindblowing, stupid fast, even the GSXR :) Which one fits you best? Which one has the best local dealer?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.