Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL GUYS I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST THIS BUT TOMOROW IM GOING TO GO OUT TO GET ME A 1000. IVE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH AND THE ALL AROUND TOP CONTENDORS ARE THE GIXER 1000 AND OF COURSE THE ALMIGHTY ZX10R. I STARTED RIDING 5 YEARS AGO WITH AN 01 CBR600 F4I, WHEN THE NEW ZX6R CAME OUT IN 03 I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND PURCHASED IT. I HAD A BLAST FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS UNTIL I TOTALED IT DOING A WHEELIE.[xx(] SO I WENT OUT AND GOT ME AN 06 636. NOW I FEEL ITS TIME I GO FOR THE LITER BIKE. THE ONLY REASON WHY I DIDNT GET THE 10R WHEN I GOT MY 06 WAS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THE BADEST LOOKING 10R WAS THE 03-05 MODELS. FOR MY LUCK THEY CHANGED IN 06 AND I REALLY DONT LIKE IT AT ALL. DONT GET ME WRONG IM KAWI ALL THE WAY BUT I JUST CANT GET ATACHED TO THE NEW 10. SO NOW THAT MY CUZIN CONVINCED ME TO SELL HIM MY 636. IM LEFT WITH THE HARDEST DECISION I HAVE TO MAKE. DO I GO WITH THE POWER OF 10R OR GO FOR THE LOOKS OF THE GIXER.[V]

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Looks of a gixxer. Are you kidding me. They look like skit beside a new black 10 r with akras. Plus the power is unmatched. Dont be stupid. Go kawi or fuck off!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by charms7e
WELL GUYS I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST THIS BUT TOMOROW IM GOING TO GO OUT TO GET ME A 1000. IVE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH AND THE ALL AROUND TOP CONTENDORS ARE THE GIXER 1000 AND OF COURSE THE ALMIGHTY ZX10R. I STARTED RIDING 5 YEARS AGO WITH AN 01 CBR600 F4I, WHEN THE NEW ZX6R CAME OUT IN 03 I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND PURCHASED IT. I HAD A BLAST FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS UNTIL I TOTALED IT DOING A WHEELIE.[xx(] SO I WENT OUT AND GOT ME AN 06 636. NOW I FEEL ITS TIME I GO FOR THE LITER BIKE. THE ONLY REASON WHY I DIDNT GET THE 10R WHEN I GOT MY 06 WAS BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THE BADEST LOOKING 10R WAS THE 03-05 MODELS. FOR MY LUCK THEY CHANGED IN 06 AND I REALLY DONT LIKE IT AT ALL. DONT GET ME WRONG IM KAWI ALL THE WAY BUT I JUST CANT GET ATACHED TO THE NEW 10. SO NOW THAT MY CUZIN CONVINCED ME TO SELL HIM MY 636. IM LEFT WITH THE HARDEST DECISION I HAVE TO MAKE. DO I GO WITH THE POWER OF 10R OR GO FOR THE LOOKS OF THE GIXER.[V]
STOP YELLING! MY EYES ARE HURTING!

If you like the looks of the '04-05, then get one of those. You'll save money, and they are only a few ponies shy of the '06 of which you can get a few mods to take care of that.

Either that or i would wait until next year when the other 3 put out their new litre bikes that are most likely (and i apologize for saying this but this happens every year when the new bikes comes out) going to supplant the '06 10r at the top of the heap.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree, the gixxer 1K is a great looking bike! You won't be sacrificing any power with it either. I almost bought an 05 ZX-10, but the deal went bad. Now I can't find any NEW 05's left. Personally, I don't care for the 06 ZX-10, and would either get an 05 or the Gixxer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I realy like how the new 06 cbr 1000rr feels and rides tons of tq like my 05 10R...... Very easy to flick into the corners awsome feed back .... Can make a average rider into a good rider just a all around well balanced machine...... If i didnt already own my 10 i would for have certainly bought that new CBR1000RR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Unless you can ride a liter bike hard and squeeze every inch of muscle out of it then either bike will do...both are very close in spec's. Honestly i'd go with any of the top 4 bikes. Best decision you can make is by sitting on them. Tuck down and get a feel for it. Comfort and preferences should influence your bike choice. Dont go by looks alone. I own the 06 gsx-r1000 and i cant complain about one thing except it has cheap flemsy plastics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by zaritskm
The Looks of a gixxer. Are you kidding me. They look like skit beside a new black 10 r with akras. Plus the power is unmatched. Dont be stupid. Go kawi or fuck off!!
Totally agree, don't be stupid. To me the gixxer is hideous looking. Although the ass end of the ZX is enough to make you heave but a pair of akras and an eliminator takes car of that. The dealer down the street from me has 2 05s on floor. There is a reason they don't sell. Guess if price goes lowww enough I would buy one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know why so many people think the tail of the gixxer is so ugly. Maybe I have weird taste, but I think that's the best part of it lol.[B)]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by redtail06
...The dealer down the street from me has 2 05s on floor. There is a reason they don't sell. Guess if price goes lowww enough I would buy one.
It's the opposite here. 3 '06's left and all the '04-05's were sold out a long time ago. Guess there is a reason they don't sell. Maybe if the price goes low enough...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've ridden both on the track. I preferred the characteristics of the Kawi by far. The GSXR just didn't suit my style at all. The Yamaha liter bikes aren't worth riding. After that it went GSXR, CBR and ZX. (3, 2, 1)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Kinda funny when i went and bought my 05 i was originaly going to get the 06......... Once i laid eyes on the 05 it was a done deal....... I couldnt deal with the big sack of nuts hanging off the tail of the 06.... And as for hp there isnt much more to the 06 than the 05 as stated above a few mods and you are good to go...........

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by JASONZX6R6R
Kinda funny when i went and bought my 05 i was originaly going to get the 06......... Once i laid eyes on the 05 it was a done deal....... I couldnt deal with the big sack of nuts hanging off the tail of the 06.... And as for hp there isnt much more to the 06 than the 05 as stated above a few mods and you are good to go...........
+1

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by redtail06

Totally agree, don't be stupid. To me the gixxer is hideous looking. Although the ass end of the ZX is enough to make you heave but a pair of akras and an eliminator takes car of that. The dealer down the street from me has 2 05s on floor. There is a reason they don't sell. Guess if price goes lowww enough I would buy one.
I dont see anythign wrong with the tail...think it looks really slick with an undertail.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seriously dude you live in Texas! All you will be doing is going straight and flat. R you going to the track???????
Why does it matter.
Get a ZX-14. Really. Have you ever dragged a knee? You are in a state where any sport bike is useless on the street. Sorry bro. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WELL GUYS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND THAKS LOCO FOR LAYING IT DOWN ON HOW IT IS. YOU ACTUALLY OWNING ONE MADE MY CHOICE ALOT EASIER BRO. I JUST GOT HER HOME TODAY AND ON MY WAY HOME I WAS GLAD WITH MY CHOICE.I GOT LIKE THREE COMPLIMENTS WHILE I WAS AT THE LIGHTS. CANT WAIT TO BREAK HER IN TO REALLY LET HER LOOSE.

:D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.