Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need everyones opinion on this. I just bought my 99 ZX6R in march and have put about 3,500 on it and Its been a great bike. But seeing like 95% of the members on this board have the 636 should I upgrade? I see more 00-02's here than my 99 and your occasional mid late 90's bike. I love the 636 more and more now that I'm seeing it every hour I'm on here. I wanted black but the gold forks kind of turn me off. But then again I only met one in person for about 10 mins, so I suppose they grow on you quick. Anyone else here thinking about upgrading?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the 636 a lot. The way it looks and feels. I was thinking about trading in my ZX after a while, but if every other person and their mom is going to be riding a 636, I'm going to want something different.. just my .02

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I was in the same delema as you. I have a 99' that i have owned since it was new and was really tore between keeping it or trading in for the 636.

So one day I said f**k it and bought the 636 and just kept my 99(since it is paid for). Let me tell you that you won't regret it a bit. The 636 is by far the sweetest mid weight class bike ever built. These are my bikes--->dman has attached this file: p1010022.jpganddman has attached this file: derek3.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey that 99 is my bikes twin - the reflectors and flushmounts. How do they compare to eachother back to back?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The 636 is a MONSTER compared to the 99. Don't get me wrong, I kept my 99 cause I love it. It was my first street bike so it's kinda like your first child. The 636 is lighter, more powerful, handles better and is one sexy mother f**ker! To give you an idea, my good friend drives a 2002 ZX9R and my 636 will keep up with him on the straights and blow him away in the twisties.:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by dman

The 636 is a MONSTER compared to the 99. Don't get me wrong, I kept my 99 cause I love it. It was my first street bike so it's kinda like your first child. The 636 is lighter, more powerful, handles better and is one sexy mother f**ker! To give you an idea, my good friend drives a 2002 ZX9R and my 636 will keep up with him on the straights and blow him away in the twisties.:D
Hey dman just curious but is your buddies zx9 done up at all, because my friend has a 97 zx-9r with add-ons and his bike will smoke my 636----which has add-ons too-----and he'll do it without using 6th gear....

Paul

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No his zx9 is all stock. Maybe thats why, but I was really dissapointed with the zx9! I thought it would have more balls than it did!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I went from a '98 (same bike as '99 basically) to the '03, and I haven't regretted the move at ALL. If you want something faster and MUCH more hardcore and focussed, you will be in heaven. If you want something with a softer edge for longer highway tours, you won't. I personally enjoy twisty roads and occasional track days, and I can't picture a better bike for my needs. If you poll all the guys I ride with, in honesty they'd almost all agree, the ZX636R is king for the kind of riding we do, right there with the Gixxer 750. It seems like more than a 600 (cheater bike) and still, like the Gixxer 750, rides like a 600 when compared to the liter bikes... I think it's the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
By the way Speedy, meant to ask ya... wrong forum I know. I got a buddy lookin' to find an Erion Racing 2001 929... he's found a few 2000 / 2001 models brand new still at dealerships for a great deal... any hope of him finding an Erion paint job one, or are they all pretty much gonzo now ? (He wants a new one, got a SMOKIN' deal available on a brand new 2000 or 2001 at a Toronto area dealership... apparently they have several units of each year left!)

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The Honda dealer here in Vegas has 4 Erion Racing 929's on the floor. If he's interested in making a trip, I know where he can get one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.