Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I'm going to be taking delivery of a green 636 this coming weekend!!! Got one smokin' deal on 'er, so I couldn't pass it up.

First things first... the stock exaust has to go, so I'm wondering what I should put in it's place?!? I figure I'll probably do a Ti Akrapovic... Other than that, I'll be doing the standard mud-guard removal, and perhaps the sproket - nothing to the extent of the '02's custom job, if any of you recall.

I'll take some photo's when I get it home!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Buddy, just wanted to once again extend my congrats!! ... I must admit that I'm a little jealous, I love my '01 but the '03s and '04s are dead sexxxy!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
what did you do with the polished 02 you had?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I guess I just don't get it. For what you paid for the ZX-6R plus the Akrapovic full system, plus the Power Commander you will need to go with it you could have bought a new GSXR1000.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've still got the '02. It may be destined for the track... we shall see.

As for the comment about the GSXR, if you ask me, they are poo. They don't do anything for me. I'll just play with this one until I turn 25 and insurance comes down enough that I can afford the ZX10R.

I didn't pay that much for the bike, it was actually less than what I paid for the '02. $9999.00, with the '04 rebate of $600.00, drops it to $9399.00, plus $225.00 Freight and Prep. and $10 MTO and license fee. Total taxes in is roughly $11,000.

And, I haven't bought the exaust yet - I'm going to go with a slip on. While the full system would be nice - I love my Hindle - the slip on's just seem to be far more reasonable.

...and guess what CdnNinja's going to use to 'juice up' his bike? MY PARTS! You're not getting my Hindle for free... I don't make THAT much.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. It's sad to see the yellow bike retired though :(:(. She was a serious looker.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
GRATZ BR !!! Long time no hear, had worries you were joining the Yammie camp or something. Nicely done fella.

As for the exhaust... we should hook up so you can see and hear mine before you make your decision. If I were doing it all over again, I'd do the same thing. Aratas and Yosh's are my next choices in line, but exhaust is such an opinionated topic, find one you like and that's the ticket.

Lemme know if you need any info about removing the mudguard. Here's a link to that thread I posted on the topic if it helps at all...

The ZG DB screens make a great addition too.

Gratz again mister, but getting the GREEN one, doesn't that mean that now you're going to be AGREEING with CDNNinjaBoy that the green ones are fastest? Ack...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dj;

Thanks for the information... as usual, I've got some big plans, and some sweet tricks up my sleeve for this next Ninja. I almost went for an '04 orange, but all my ideas hinged on me getting the green one.

Wait and see. I'll take photo's as soon as it's above showroom condition...

CdnNinjaZX6R never really argues much with me anymore... dude's too busy with his new chiquita!!! (and I'm doing 60+ hours a week at work...) That's okay though, curves on a girlie are just as good as when you're on two wheels. So, no, I won't necessarily admit that the green ones are faster, just that mine is faster than his!!!

PS - just for shits and giggles, my friend and I slapped his 46 tooth rear from his (totalled) ZX7R on my bike... the chain was about two inches too short - would that have been a riot or what!!!???!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
"just for shits and giggles"

lol, wtf?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
naw, only around the holidays, lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... think about it. Going from a 40 tooth, to a 46 tooth would be something to get uesd to. Imagine going down the street, just breathing on the throttle and doing roll-on wheelies in third! At first, you'd shit your pants, and then you'd giggle like a school boy at the absurdness of it all.

...just for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dj; thanks for the 'hot to' on removing the mudguard. Someone put a lot of work into making sure that little sucker was on there nice and tight. Seems like more work than it should be to get it off.

Thanks though, it's nice to have some instruction to smooth the process!

Cheers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.