Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what upgrades to get for my bike that would give me more power and speed. Not sure whats out there. Need your help!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
unless you are drag racing, modifications that will help your bike handle better will increase your speed more than go fast parts. pick up a steering damper to start.

·
Registered
264 Posts
uuhhhmmmm i saw a mod on i-hacked.com about a jumper wire thats soppose to increase hp. i did the mod but its not really noticable bike feels smoother through the R's

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
get the suspension set up to you or better yet, get it rebuilt for you
get the brake pads and brake lines replaced with braided stuff and good pads
then look at an exhaust can/system and may be PCUSB.. that should do most people.

You can make it go as fast as you want in a straight line, but what's the point? The corners and stability is the key to speed.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Muzzy Clutch lol... ok, ok, seriously;

PCIII with a custom dyno map will be your best bet without tearing into th engine or force induction

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by nick041881
unless you are drag racing, modifications that will help your bike handle better will increase your speed more than go fast parts. pick up a steering damper to start.
What's the best steering damper for our bike and how much is the
damage ($)? Where to buy.........Ebay?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Originally posted by RossMan

What's the best steering damper for our bike and how much is the
damage ($)? Where to buy.........Ebay?
That's like asking “what is the best exhaust?” You will get a lot of different answers. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the GPR. Easy install and does the job well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. better tires 2. get your suspension set up for your hight and weight 3. experience and knowledge of your bike ie. read twist of the wrist 2 or track time. you'll learn more in one day of track time than in a year of street rideing. speed is all in the rider

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Jojoe's right on. Tires, susp, and experience. Exhaust isn't mainly for power gains, but a pc3 will make the ride a lot smoother.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Before you try to give an already very fast and powerful bike more, you should invest in ...

1. Riding gear, leathers, boots, etc...
1.5 TraCk DaYs!!!
2. GOod RubBer
3. Stabilizer..
4. Suspension..
5. Then once you master all the power a stock 636 offers, you can think about more power...

My .02

·
Registered
678 Posts
first and foremost JUMPER MOD (no power after 13.5k w/o it [V])....frame sliders....pc3usb....k+n filter...new rubber...susp....steel braided lines....steering damper...full exhaust....flush rear signals and fender eliminator...tons of big stickers with brand names of all the parts you have (jk :D)...whatever floats your boat, you have a great package right out of the box
Also what special edition of the 06 6R do you have??? never heard of one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
how bout you give me th money your were going to spend on the parts and I will glady show you where the search button is:D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Damn been seeing this thread all the time and passed it ove dont know how many times...But this is the down to earth reality of what you should do and Fuck anybody else and there opinions (wine talking)

1. get a steering damper...scott/hyper pro whichever you can afford or like...
2. Fork respring/revalve for you! (if your on a budget) or a ohlins/traxxion fork cartridge
3.Ohlins shock for you
4.track days, and some more track days

This is assuming that you already have propoer riding gear..as that should be the 1st thing done for any bike...

The BT-014's are just fine for tires..consistent and predicatable and give you the grip you need...seems everyone wants power race that last 4,000 miles...just aint going to happen sorry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.