Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone from an 06 10r to a 14r? Ive been debating this the last couple days ever since i saw a black 14r at my dealer. Im well aware that i dont need the power, but i assume most everyone here will understand when i say i neeeed the power. Im not a dumb rider, im just a guy whos never satisfied with what hes got, no matter how damn awesome what ive got already is...Anyways, having never ridden a 14, i gotta wonder if its even worth it? Is it enough to warrant a trade up...? Any input and angry comments are welcome

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've never ridden a 14 either but I think all you are gaining for power is that initial launch (because it weighs a frickin' ton), some more comfort and much worse handling. Other than that, I believe the 10 will kill it in the twisties and keep up with it in a straight line once rolling.

And as I have suggested before, there are the new litre bikes and a possible new busa coming out so i'd wait until next year to see whats happens.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ZX14 is good for leasure riding around town and long distance trips. The zx10 is good for short trips and good twisties. Its a give and take situation. Both make good drag bikes. My opinion the ZX14 is the goldwing sportbike without the Ac and radio ;p

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i only take short trips typcially, but also im no pro rider, so i figure my riding level wont effect how i ride either the 14 or the 10, i figure itll be the same...maybe im wrong, but who knows, I know theres some new bikes comin out next year, but im a kawi guy through and through...so i dont much care if the new busa will be 10x better

·
Registered
22 Posts
been on a 14. to big and clumsy, and to be honest you will never use the power on the street. a person on a 600 will whip the tail of a zx 10 if they are a good rider. the zx 10 is more power than u will ever need on the street. the thing is a beast but handels like a razor. stick with the 10

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
If you are the kind of guy that is never satisfied with what you have (I am assuming that you are referring to power), then why stop at the 14?? Get a Boss Hoss. Don't kid yourself, if you like twisties at all, you should stick with the 10.

--David

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, i guess your all right, ill stick with the 10r...I just gotta ad some new stuff to it...boz exhaust anyone? Also, has anyone figured out the damn gp headlights thing? I want them both to be on for running lights, but ive heard the 06 isnt gonna be able to do it, which is heartbreaking for me, i hate the 1 on 1 off look

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
Originally posted by CavemanSol
ya, i guess your all right, ill stick with the 10r...I just gotta ad some new stuff to it...boz exhaust anyone? Also, has anyone figured out the damn gp headlights thing? I want them both to be on for running lights, but ive heard the 06 isnt gonna be able to do it, which is heartbreaking for me, i hate the 1 on 1 off look
how are the lights different
cant they be modded the same as my 6?
i did it and i love it. much better overall.
dont even need my highbeamns any more.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first off, there projection headlights, so i dont know if that would make a difference, i just know their different, second, how did you change your 6r? if i knew that i may try a switch, I desperatly want them both on at the same time

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've got a boz for the 04-05 10R - stupid loud. I would suggest any full system (probably akra for max pwr) and a PCIII usb, you'll be fine with that. Oh, and another pnwrider here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to see another pnw'r again, and when you say stupid loud, do you mean like as in dont get it? or what? also, is your bike the one for sale on craiglists? a titanium one?

·
Registered
394 Posts
No, I actually am waiting for an ins check still to get the 10 I have a deposit on, but found a used boz setup from a friend who was getting rid of it b/c it was too loud for his trip to laguna for motoGP, and he likes his better w/ the stock exhaust for the moment. I heard it on his bike, and rode it, before he took it off. It's crazy. People think you're a camaro or something until they see you, and they drop jaws. I went by a high school summer footbal practice, got on it a bit in first (just up to about 50 in a 35), looked back and everyone on the field was eyeing me. I like it, but it is stupid loud, probably louder than a true race bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No, I want to make small children cry when I ride by. But some people might want something a bit more "refined," like a Akra system or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another hijacked thread. The ZX14 is an Ugly, Over weighted Freight Tran. So if you have Mile Long straights with 2 riders and cant Turn then have at it.

I went through the same process back a couple of years. I picked a ZX11 over the ZX9R. After a year of riding I went with the 00 ZX9R and never looked back. I now have a CBR1000RR 2006 Black and a ZX10R 206 Green. The ZX kills the CBR but the CBR is Smaller, Lighter, and Turns quicker. See...... the ZX10R is my Big Fast Bike and the CBR is my Small Handling Bike.

I will compare these in detail if needed .... i run them back to back and these make sence ... not the ZX14 vs ZX10 ... thats a no brainer go with the ZX10R as your Big Bike. The only place for the ZX14 is at the Drag Strip or 2 up around town for people over 40!!! By the way I'm 44 :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Whats wrong with a 10 one can ask...nothin....that feller that wants a zx14 over the 10,well i got one question.....Has he compared the power difference in cc's over hp...???the ratio of hp per dollar aint worth it in my book...Sides a 10 will out corner and will do pretty damn good on a straight line with a zx14.....Save the difference in buying/insurance and other assorted cost on a 14..Get a 10 and you have a few zx bucks for mods on yer new 10........That just this mans thoughts...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're looking for more power, I think the 14 is gonna feel less powerful. The power to weight ratio is better on the 10(0.36829) as apposed to the 14(0.03103). Plus the 10 has gotta handle worlds better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.