Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be replacing both of my triples here shortly to repair some minor damage from geting hit in a parking lot last fall, as well as having some work done to my front forks. One of the concerns I had was transfering the ignition module to the new upper triple being that it uses rivets from the factory to attach it to the triple..

To remove it from the old triple I intended to just dril out the rivets, but does anyone know how the ignition attaches to the new triple, or would I need a shop to rivet the ignition to the new triple clamp?.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
u can get the new torque bolts from the dealer. but i just used some 6mm(i think)bolts, and some loctite. no problems since.
but if for any reason the dealer had to service it. those rivets are proof of "tampering" so there might be a little explaining to do.
i doubt ud have a problem with using regular bolts.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Unless the top plate is damaged them there is no reason to even remove the ign from the top plate. Just take the top plate off and put it on the new lower triple.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did do this about 2 months ago because my bike did almost get stolen. The bolts are threaded and very hard material. Use a drill bit or center punch and dimple the center the best you can. Then get yourself an easy-out. The bolts are not in there all that tight. Good luck.

There is a posting about this. Don't have time to link it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.