Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been looking at this bike down at a local Kawi dealer for the past couple days.... its a blue 2003 zx6r 636. its got 7664 miles on it and it has some small scratches from being laid down. you cant even tell unless your all up in its business!! ... they want $3999 for it.... what do you think???? this would be my second bike... and its in my price range... what do you think? i would appreciate any help!!!! thanks!

Anthony

·
Registered
24 Posts
it isn't the worst deal that I have seen. I picked my 03 636 up for $3K with less than 10K miles back during the riding season. The dealership price for that bike on KBB is around $4200 and trade in is about $3200. I would make a serious offer of $3500. The worst he could say is no. This is not the season for selling bikes so the ball is in your court. Take advantage of that. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it isn't the worst deal that I have seen. I picked my 03 636 up for $3K with less than 10K miles back during the riding season. The dealership price for that bike on KBB is around $4200 and trade in is about $3200. I would make a serious offer of $3500. The worst he could say is no. This is not the season for selling bikes so the ball is in your court. Take advantage of that. Good luck with the purchase.
Hey! thanks i really appreciate it!!!! yea im gonna try and talk him down... if he wont go for it you think its still worth it?? i mean i love the bike! shoot im torn at what to do

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
3,999 isnt really a bad price bro if its good condition, does it have any aftermarket parts on such as a pipe or power commander and for a mileage i would say if everything checked out well with the bike i would say go for it but if u can talk him down alittle then thats always better

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3,999 isnt really a bad price bro if its good condition, does it have any aftermarket parts on such as a pipe or power commander and for a mileage i would say if everything checked out well with the bike i would say go for it but if u can talk him down alittle then thats always better
Yea to me it seems like the right deal. its all stock. it has the seat cowl and the rear seat ... i dont know if thats stock. i really appreciate the feedback! im about 90% im gonna get it... but since its winter i want to do a few things to it like flush blinkers fender eliminater kit and whatnot..... where can i find those parts??? do they still have them for this bike?

·
Registered
35 Posts
"do they still have them for this bike?"

hehe yes ! a biiiiiiiiigggggg aftermarket you will find young jedi :D

as for the price..i cant really help as in germany for this price you get a wrecked bike with missing forks, rims etc :eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"do they still have them for this bike?"

hehe yes ! a biiiiiiiiigggggg aftermarket you will find young jedi :D

as for the price..i cant really help as in germany for this price you get a wrecked bike with missing forks, rims etc :eek:
ha yea i figured there was. but ive been looking all over the web and i cant seem to find that much aftermarket stuff for the 03 636..... if you know of some reliable web sites could you help me out! please =)!!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think it's a good deal especially from the dealer but around this time of season (depending on location) you should be able to find the same and even cheaper bikes with a good amount of aftermarket stuff already on there.

I go to eBay for most of my aftermarket parts but also check out the site sponsors. A few months back I got some Gregg's Customs flushies from tobefast.com for $35 shipped

·
Registered
339 Posts
if theyre not willing to come down on the price, at least get them to throw in an extended warranty or service package. might as well get something out of buying from a dealership. remember that if you buy from them, youre gonna be paying the full amount in taxes as opposed to... if you were to massage the numbers a little buying private party.

·
Registered
266 Posts
seesm like a good deal to me. i paid 4800 for my 04 in july and wasnt sweating it at all. mines got more millage too. YOU WONT REGRET BUYING IT. ive decided its pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. 6R's kick ass

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone!!!!!!! thank you so much for all the feedback! it really really helped a lot!!!! i decided to get it. i put some money down on it and im going to pick it up on the 1st!!!! im pretty stoked about it!!!! i love the way the 636 looks and sounds!!!! i think i made a good buy fo sho! again thank you guys for all the help!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'm so jealous.

i bought my bike with 8.5k miles for $4000 and i thought i got a good deal... needed new tires as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got mine for 4700 a few weeks ago and it has more mileage(12k), but never been down. Its a good deal, I couldn't find any 636s around here for less.

·
Registered
74 Posts
3999 for 7k miles is a screamin deal. i don't know what all this talk is about being able to pick up an 03 fuel injected bike with under 10k and mods for <4k. maybe if you've been looking in the off season for a couple years and waiting for some idiot to come along who REALLY needs to get rid of his bike. good choice on buying.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3999 for 7k miles is a screamin deal. i don't know what all this talk is about being able to pick up an 03 fuel injected bike with under 10k and mods for <4k. maybe if you've been looking in the off season for a couple years and waiting for some idiot to come along who REALLY needs to get rid of his bike. good choice on buying.
yea! im pretty excited about the deal! im going to pick it up on the 1st!!!! i couldnt find a better deal anywhere in my state and ive been looking at used bikes for a couple years. most the time just to see what was out there. then this bike came along. and i had to check it out. and it checked out just fine! so i had to buy it! even though it is winter. but i plan on fixing it up with lots of aftermarket this winter. so it will give me something to do! cant wait to get it!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts