Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 03 636 over a month ago, I bought it with 5275 miles. now has close to 6000 miles. I ride it every day and want to be sure and keep up on maintance so the bike dosn't break and I die. I've called a few dealerships and been quoted anywhere between 150.00 to almost 600.00 for tune ups. I'm sure the extent of the tune ups are different, so how often should I be doing regular tune ups and what should I expect them to do. Thanks to anyone who responds.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Look for a used owners manual on ebay or the classifieds, it'll list what should be done at each mileage checkpoint. The basic stuff I do on my own is change oil every 2500mi and chain clean + lube and adjust (if needed) about every 500mi or so.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
in the words of hoser...

RTFOM!

(read the owner's manual).... and if one didn't come with your bike, get one off eBay... well worth the money.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
i change my oil & filter every 3k, change plugs every 10k, clean and lube chain every 500 miles, also i got my kawi paper back service manual off ebay new for 20 bucks plus shipping, i think in the dealership they go for like 60-70 bucks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Honestly I have 48,000 on my 04 636 and I can give you a quick run down.

Honestly I usually give my bike every spring a coolant flush, brake fluid change, new spark plugs and then I clean my K&N Filter

My first valve adjustment I did at 47k which was overdue but logically I had my valves checked at 35k and were still within spec so it shows you these bikes can go a long way without a valve adjustment as long as you take care of the bike and dont beat the hell out of it at every stop light.

Just keep up on the oil changes and use a good oil, I myself use Mobil 1 15-50 car oil you buy off the shelf in any automotive store and to this day my engine runs strong and still has the original clutch so you make the call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.