Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:I bought a 08 250R in May and broke it in as suggested by Kawasaki. At a little over 900 miles I took the bike up to 8000 Rs and guess what ... it started cutting out, eight thousand is all it would do.
Took it to the dealer and the carbs were worked on, I haven't picked the bike up yet but they say it runs just fine now, the problem is, the carbs aren't covered by the warranty ... $250 bucks.
Over the years I've been riding bikes, about 45, I've owned a number of Kawasaki bikes, but I will NEVER buy another one!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
What was the problem with the carbs?

Did they give you an estimate before doing the work?

Did they tell you it was covered before working on the bike?

I think if two more problems arise it might be considered a lemon.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Warranty only covers manufacturing defects proven to be such. Unless your carbs are defective, of course they're not going to be covered. Routine maintenence, scheduled service and mechanical adjustments are never covered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's my take on this deal. My Son rides an 05 10R and normally I ride an 05 R1, let's say it was a fuel injection problem ... new bike with 900 miles on it, is a problem with the carbs any different than fuel injection?
Would Kawasaki's warranty cover a new 10R with a fuel injection problem?
This 250 is new, has never been abused and was broken in according to their specifications, the factory setup on the carbs is the problem, I bought the bike, NEW with that problem, I didn't create the problem, it was sold to me that way.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here's my take on this deal. My Son rides an 05 10R and normally I ride an 05 R1, let's say it was a fuel injection problem ... new bike with 900 miles on it, is a problem with the carbs any different than fuel injection?
Would Kawasaki's warranty cover a new 10R with a fuel injection problem?
This 250 is new, has never been abused and was broken in according to their specifications, the factory setup on the carbs is the problem, I bought the bike, NEW with that problem, I didn't create the problem, it was sold to me that way.
I agree 100%. Kawasaki should take care of it!!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
What did the shop say was the exact cause of the problems? That missing tidbit of info has everything to do with if it should be covered under warranty or not.

Did you purchase the bike through them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talking to a different dealer will accomplish nothing, the owner of the dealership is a friend of mine, is honest and it's not his fault
What aggravates me is a lack of fair-play.
I'm going to put that little buzz-bomb 250 in storage and stick with Yamaha and Suzuki ... period!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Talking to a different dealer will accomplish nothing, the owner of the dealership is a friend of mine, is honest and it's not his fault
What aggravates me is a lack of fair-play.
I'm going to put that little buzz-bomb 250 in storage and stick with Yamaha and Suzuki ... period!

If you don't like the bike, SELL IT! Let someone else enjoy it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know what the consumer laws are in your country but here something has to do what it's supposed for a reasonable length of time, a statutory right. The warranty wording would be irrelevant. If it never ever ran over 8k, that's a manufacturing error surely?

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I guess with the time I worked in a dealership, it all depends on what the dealer reports to the factory on the problem. Hell I had a guy bring his sons little raptor 4 wheeler in (smaller version of the big boy Yamaha) with the rear axle bent and broken in half. I called Yamaha and after speaking with them and the owner, I got Yamaha to cover the cost of the part and half the labor.....the kids jumped the 4 wheeler off a 20 foot cliff. Anyhow, basicaly if your dealership is as good as you say they are, then they screwed up and told the factory something they shouldn't have. Kawi, Yami, Suzi, KTM, Pol...they all deal the same way and I have personally dealt with all but KTM factory for repairs and was able to get them all to cover something they really didn't have to. Find out what your friend told the factory and why he told them what he did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's have a vote ...

First question - Should I paint the bike yellow in honor or the lemon?

Second question - Should I buy a decal that reads LEMON?

Third question - Should I do both?

PS: Where can I buy some nice metal-flake yellow paint?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Sell the bike.

You have definitely soured on it and no amount of help from us is going to fix that. This bike is not for you.

What country are you in?

If you don't see that and continue to complain, I call troll.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
:topicsucks:

·
Registered
558 Posts
thats why you have to do the "hard break in" because if you just lug the engine around like Kawi says, your carbs will gum up and the bike will suffocate and die... ALL YOUR FAULT

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Troll!

Tell ya what, if all I'd ever done in my life was try to ride a two hundred and fifty CC bike, then try to impress on others my pretentious and pompous claim to fame, I wouldn't post here; it's transparent.

I could be rude and comment on sweet-thing's photo and her crossed eyes, but I won't.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Troll!

Tell ya what, if all I'd ever done in my life was try to ride a two hundred and fifty CC bike, then try to impress on others my pretentious and pompous claim to fame, I wouldn't post here; it's transparent.

I could be rude and comment on sweet-thing's photo and her crossed eyes, but I won't.
good luck, then, to whatever "claim to fame" you seek.

i'm done with this thread... and you.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Troll!

Troll? And that comming from a little b*tch with 10 posts, crying to other 250 owners about how bad kawasaki sucks on a kawasaki forum. I was just being funny, How could you not sense the sarcasm in my post:confused:

Go DIE doosh bag :Bring it on: !!!
you dont talk about peoples kids that way:mad: My daughter is sweet but not cross eyed! F*cker! Maybe you ought to take the time and read other peoples profiles before telling them all they have done was "try to ride a 250" GTFO

:2up::2up::2up:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take a grade school course in English composition; and good luck to you too.

Your words - "good luck, then, to whatever "claim to fame" you seek.

i'm done with this thread... and you."

1 - 20 of 62 Posts