Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, everyone and there mother told me to just use hairspray to put my grips on. i only had to do the throttle one. so i sprayed some tres seme in there and slapped it on. 12 hours later it wasn't stuck. so i pulled it off and the hairspray was still wet inside. so i tried again. like 3-4 days later it still hasn't dried. wtf.... how long is this supposed to take.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe it's an aersol can. i thought they all were. i'll have to check.

i'd use grip glue, but haven't had time to run down to the dealership. and when i finally did, they were sold out and the parts guy says "dude, just use hairspray". since he was like the 100th person to tell me, i finally tried it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Take it off. Dry it and the bar off. Place the end over the bar then get some compressed air and shoot it in the end around the lip. It will inflate slightly then just slide it on. If it's really tight you can use some soapy solution but don't use too much. The water/soap will dry and it'll be good to go.

Habs

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
should've dried out in about 1/2 hr. Don't use too much. Just enough to get it in without any problems.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Take it off. Dry it and the bar off. Place the end over the bar then get some compressed air and shoot it in the little hole on the end. It will inflate slightly then just slide it on. If it's really tight you can use some soapy solution but don't use too much. The water/soap will dry and it'll be good to go.

Habs
This is absolutely the best way to do it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i just slaped them on and put some saftey wire around it. but i also didnt have an air source around. that would have made it much easier.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Used hairspray with mine and had no problem :dunno: I think I left it over night though before messing with it, seeing as how it was in my garage with little ventilation.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i used to use hairspray on my bmx grips back in the day. tried and true, simple and effective.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe i put too much. it still isn't dry.

has anyone ever used crazy glue? i'm about to just brake down and use that. opinions?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Hair spray FTW. I use just 2 or 3 sprays, slide it on, and let it sit. I didn't have an air compressor at the time, and it was winter so the air was quite cold and dry so that may have helped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts