Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this bottle of silicone spray lubricant, and I've heard that a lot of people use the Repsol silicone spray as a clear coat for their bikes. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever tried using this method and if it really helps the bike stay cleaner when used as a topcoat. I always use Simple Green to first wipe my bike down, then some Armor All detailer as the polish. It seems to work well but looses its added shine pretty quick.

· Registered
2,203 Posts
that makes about as much sense as wiping your bike with engine oil.
i have not looked into simple green but its prob a degreaser. it would prob take off your wax. then you put somemore cleaner on again. id stop that asap

most ppl use a spray wax, but it has to have uv protection to be good.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
simple green does in fact remove wax
^^^^ I second that! Spray silicone LUBRICANT would make your entire bike slippery

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
424 Posts
Stop using the simple green, and armor all. Give your bike a nice bath with car wash soap, dry it, and apply some polish to it. Once you have polished the clear/top coat, go over it with a good nano wax. You can use the spray mist wax in between washes if you wish, but I have found out its better to just wait and wash the bike first.

· Registered
142 Posts
Use dish soap to wash your bike when you are going to re-wax. It strips all the old wax off safely. This is what the car guys do, just wash your bike with dawn dish soap, then rewax. I wouldn't trust using simple green, it can fade the paint and cause more harm than good.

· Registered
5,994 Posts
I took off the fairing on my ZZR600 to change the engine oil and oil filter- lamp oil on a paper towel worked great for cleaning off the road grime and dried bug guts on the bottom and the front edge of the fairing, then I waxed the fairing with liquid Nu Finish car wax in the orange bottle.

I found that a piece of carpet on the floor under the faring kept it from getting scratched when taking it off and putting it back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.