Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's just a simple question. Besides stoping and starting, how much do you use your clutch?

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally I use it more for down-shifting and hardly ever for u-shifting

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sometimes don't use it to down-shift, get the rpms right and it slides right into the lower gear without even a "clunk" but very seldom do I get it without the "clunk"

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
All the time. Its a street bike that I am riding on the street. Why put more stress on components than needed? If I was riding on the track, then I would probably only use it for down shifting but then I would have also added a quick shifter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I use the clutch shifting 1-2( depending on take off ) and 1-N( when parking or at a long red light)....I seldom use the clutch to down-shift..i just blip the throttle(very quickly) and a lil bit of preload and it sounds just like a speed shifter and doesn't upset the bike at all....TIMING IS EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
157 Posts
depends on my mood really. besides, i thought they put the clutch on there for wheelies:D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Normally only when trolling thru traffic.
Other than that, I hardly ever use the clutch.
It's so much smoother when you time it right.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by xtremewlr
All the time. Its a street bike that I am riding on the street. Why put more stress on components than needed? If I was riding on the track, then I would probably only use it for down shifting but then I would have also added a quick shifter.
+1;)

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
i go clutchless when i'm walkin the stiff diagonally behind me, his clutched shifts slow him down....otherwise, i use the clutch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.