Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through a catalogue today and saw some V-stacks or velocity stacks. Can somebody tell me what these are, what they do, what the advantages are, what modifications I would have to do to my bike as a result, and what I could expect to pay if I decided to get them? Thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
seeeeeeek and ye shall find.. Have a read thru that, and do a search for 'velocity' on this site, and that should give you some idea. It has been discussed at some length a couple of times, so read those, then you'll be clued up in no time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
you should already have perfectly good v stacks in your air box. if they could get a little more hp by making the v stacks a little taller or shorter they would have done it. they are trying to maximise hp not minimize it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by FrankTheTank636
you should already have perfectly good v stacks in your air box. if they could get a little more hp by making the v stacks a little taller or shorter they would have done it. they are trying to maximise hp not minimize it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.
I hear you get much crisper throttal response and possibly HP with aftermarked velocity stacks. Not much at all. I know super sport racers get them. But they are fighting for every tiny bit of hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.