Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious when everyone gets their first valve adjustment for their bike. I heard between 1000-1500 miles. In my owners manual, it says check valve clearance at 7500 miles, but says nothing about getting the valves adjusted. Just curious to see what everones take is on this. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buy a shop manual and get a friend that has done it before to help the 1st time. It's really not tough once you've been thru it once. Hopefully your dealer will have the shims you need (if needed).

Check at the recommended interval. I am racing a '05 and I will check at the end of this season. The shim-under-bucket system, though a bit time consumming to check and adjust, really holds their clearances well and requires few adjustments.

Morris Foor

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you have an 05 or 06 636 the valve clearence check is at 26,000 miles for European and UK market and 16,000 miles for all other market models, it's in your owners manual.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Either way, if you hear a ticking and it is NOT the CCT then think about having the valves adjusted.

I had mine checked at about 8k miles and found a few that were out of spec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses! My owners manual says like 15,000 miles. I was just checking because I had a few people tell me to get them adjusted at 1500 miles. Phew! Save me some money! Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.