Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a link to a write up on a valve adjustment for a 2005 I would rather not pay the stealership for it. I am a mechanic just need the write up on it as clearance and torque on every motor is differant. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Valve Clearance
Standard:
Exhaust 0.22 ¡­ 0.31 mm (0.0087 ¡­ 0.0122 in.)
Inlet 0.11 ¡­ 0.19 mm (0.0043 ¡­ 0.0075 in.)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hmmm. After looking at that I'm thinking I'll be taking mine to the stealership. [xx(] When does this need done (miles)?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I've got 32,000km and still havn't got mine done yet, thats a winter project! She stil runs good albeit a tad louder![xx(]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anyone willing to post what they paid for a 15K mile service? I'll be needing one later this season and was curious what the going rate was. Assume they do everything aside from an oil change (i.e. everything on the periodic maintenance checklist).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Reading my UK 2006 ZX6R handbook it says "Valve clearance - inspect every 42,000Kms (26,000 miles)."

I think the inspection interval is less in the US, maybe we get a better quality metal:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
On my 04 636, the manual said at 18,000 miles check the valves. The dealership quoted me $250 labor plus parts (shims, gaskets,etc.). Since I'm a big DIY, I did mine a few months ago. It was actually quite easy, but time consuming.
I had 8 valves that needed adjusting. The head mechanic at the dealership helped me swap out the shims I had for the ones I needed for each valve. I put new plugs in while I was there too. I believe it cost me a grand total of $25 and a little bit of my time.
I'm actually going to do my buddies 05 ZX10R in a few weeks. He's going to donate $$ to my new tire fund.

·
Registered
244 Posts
15,000 mile maintenance around here (Valve Adjust and Throttle Sync included) set me back $510.. Cost is mostly in the labor =(..

Wish i was a mechanic..

-O
[8]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.