Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys, i laid my 07 zx6r down a while back and needed to bypass the vehicle down sensor and finally figured out how to do it. and since i did searched forever to find a thread on this and no one has made one and there several ppl who need this i decided to post this. This is for stunters and ppl like me who cant just glue the little internal weight down bc in my case there was a short.

**this works on 07-08 zx6r and zx14r and most likely zx10r**
step1- cut all 3 wires from the connector off the wiring harness (brown, yellow/green and blue)
step 2- connect both yellow/green and blue with a 1/4 watt 68k ohm resistor
step 3- tape off brown (ground)

AND YOURE DONE! SIMPLE AS THAT.:D
the resistor with lower the voltage down to what the ecu is looking for and bypass your VDS with no effects. BE ADVISED IF U GO DOWN YOUR BIKE MAY NOT SHUT OFF being that this is an FI sensor which cuts off fuel in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
870 Posts
pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
870 Posts
So why do you want to do this ?
This is mostly for stunters who put their bikes down on either side on a regular basis, or do stunts that require the bike to be on its side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill get pics up soon for u guys like i said its pretty easy to do but ill get em if ur a bit un easy about it.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
This is mostly for stunters who put their bikes down on either side on a regular basis, or do stunts that require the bike to be on its side.
Or racers who REALLY lean their bikes haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to sign up and confirm that these instructions also work on a
2008 250r Ninja Fuel Injected model.
Same wires, Same colour wires. Although the location of the sensor is up the front region under the fuel tank.
One minor change was that I used a 1/2 watt 100 k ohm resistor

I accessed it without removing the tank as recommended but needed to remove the RHS fairing.
(I have small hands)

On the 250, it is a 6 pin plug to the sensor but only 3 pins are actually used.
I needed to do this as my bike was cutting out while riding and found out it was a faulty VDS.
Being an imported model, I needed a temporary fix until I can source the part.

(I also had a 1/2 watt 68 k ohm resistor just in case.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey whats up guys, i laid my 07 zx6r down a while back and needed to bypass the vehicle down sensor and finally figured out how to do it. and since i did searched forever to find a thread on this and no one has made one and there several ppl who need this i decided to post this. This is for stunters and ppl like me who cant just glue the little internal weight down bc in my case there was a short.

this works on 07-08 zx6r and zx14r and most likely zx10r
step1- cut all 3 wires from the connector off the wiring harness (brown, yellow/green and blue)
step 2- connect both yellow/green and blue with a 1/4 watt 68k ohm resistor
step 3- tape off brown (ground)

AND YOURE DONE! SIMPLE AS THAT.:D
the resistor with lower the voltage down to what the ecu is looking for and bypass your VDS with no effects. BE ADVISED IF U GO DOWN YOUR BIKE MAY NOT SHUT OFF being that this is an FI sensor which cuts off fuel in the event of a crash.
I registered just to THANK YOU so much for posting this. I do confirm it also works on the zx10r 2008 (so up to 2010 for sure), you just saved me freaking 65€ they were asking me for a new one and told them nope.
The mechanics' looks when I ran off with a 0.05€ resistor instead of their 65€ sensor was priceless. I'm happy :D
For anyone else reading, cutting the cables may or may not be necessary - in my case I just pushed the resistor into the sensor plug (on the bike side, obviously...) and it worked right away.

Gonna post some more keywords to help people with the same issue to find this thread, as it was considerably hard to find, friend of mine linked me here... So...
Ninja ZX6R ZX10R ZX14R 2008 2009 2010 Tip over sensor bypass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts