Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Versys off-road at Sai Tong National Park, Thailand-

My Versys was wearing Diablo Supercorsas and suspension settings from Saturday's track day- I had no idea we'd be riding roads like this on Sunday :D

Reactions: hoser

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Not sure I would call that off-road (it is still a road, just not tarmac), but looks like you did a fairly good job. At first I was sitting there worried it was going to be you just being held up by those sport bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I would call that off-road (it is still a road, just not tarmac), but looks like you did a fairly good job. At first I was sitting there worried it was going to be you just being held up by those sport bikes.
Heh heh, you know there's a lot of debate about what "off road" means, and I tend to agree with you that an unpaved road doesn't meet MY definition of "offroad" yet if you look at adventure forums like Advrider and your average dictionary most define "offroad" as anything that's not paved...
Ride On!
T

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my '11 Versys. I haven't taken it off road yet, but with the right tires and suspension settings I could easily see it being an excellent adventure bike! Enjoyed your video :)

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another dirt road clip- this time running Pirelli Scorpion Trails- fantastic tires!

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'd love to try some dual sport kind of riding, but I still can't get over that weird front end on the Versys. Does it grow on you?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to try some dual sport kind of riding, but I still can't get over that weird front end on the Versys. Does it grow on you?
Lolz! Yeah, I know the Versys isn't going to win any beauty contests, but then again, neither am I! :D I'm at the age where I really don't care too much about the looks of the bike.
Having owned a Ninja 650R and a couple of ER6n's I just can't emphasize enough how much better the suspension, handling and comfort is on the Versys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts