Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning me, my best friend on his 07 6r and his dad on his new can am spyder, two wheels in the front 1 in back all decided we were going for a ride. Nothing crazy just a nice little cruise through a couple counties. We ride almost 200 miles today and i go to pull into the driveway and pull the brake lever and it goes in no problem and wouildnt come back. I no have no front brakes. I get stopped in the yard and get to looking and notice my brake like (stock with 3440 miles on it and no stoppies or hard braking) has split. I run syn brake fluid and it was around 100 degrees today.

I'm just so happy it happened in the yard and not on the 4 lane. Also what would have made the hose just split like that, kinda scary. Def going stainless now. Be careful out there guys, keep a check on everything.

·
Registered
443 Posts
stupid question but was your synthetic fluid DOT 4 as specified on the reservoir?

if you used DOT 3 it has a lower boiling point, and on an extremely hot day with 200 miles of riding could have easily caused your line to fail...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Well this morning me, my best friend on his 07 6r and his dad on his new can am spyder, two wheels in the front 1 in back all decided we were going for a ride. Nothing crazy just a nice little cruise through a couple counties. We ride almost 200 miles today and i go to pull into the driveway and pull the brake lever and it goes in no problem and wouildnt come back. I no have no front brakes. I get stopped in the yard and get to looking and notice my brake like (stock with 3440 miles on it and no stoppies or hard braking) has split. I run syn brake fluid and it was around 100 degrees today.

I'm just so happy it happened in the yard and not on the 4 lane. Also what would have made the hose just split like that, kinda scary. Def going stainless now. Be careful out there guys, keep a check on everything.
Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.