Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, did he even hit is head (is there a mark on your helmet)? If the helmet wasn't smacked off the ground, then you don't even have to worry about any of that. If the helmet did hit off the ground, then you only have to be concerned if it hit hard. I am not sure about X-rays, but whatever it takes to deem the helmet safe for use should be paid by him.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If his head hit the ground, get him to replace the helmet don't even worry about trying to get it x-rayed. Speedvlaze is right, as he always is :D, look at your helmet if it has marks on it from where his head hit the ground, then as I have said "get him to replace the helmet don't even worry about trying to get it x-rayed."
Otherwise, I am sure you will be able to find an industrial X-Ray company that can help you. Just look in the yellow pages(? do you guys have them?) or in a business directory. If not, drop HJC an email or phone call, they might be able to help.

Are you sure your gf's cousin is OK?
If he is line up a right hook and knock him on his ass for messing around with your stuff and taking your helmet without permission[B)] this will aid in your anger management progress[8D]

Just joking.

Corbywan

200 ZX6R Green

·
Registered
170 Posts
witnesses say the helmet saved his head, i mean for god sakes he hit a fire hydrant haha. There are some scratches on the helmet, anyone had any experience in sending in a helmet that could help me out?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I dont want to be an ass and be like ok 220 dollars right now, not knowing for sure if it is ok or not. If it wasn't someone I knew well I would kill the little SOB by now or stole half his crap to compensate. [^]

·
Registered
537 Posts
A friend of mine took a fall, helmet saved his life. He HAD AC-10 , i think it's made by HJC. Anyhow helmet is scratched up and he said the insides don't feel right. So he got himself a new one.
Moral of the story: forget about x-ray. Even if it looks ok on x-ray there still may be other problems that were not visible. How much is your head worth to you?

P.S. He must pay for it! "You fuck on it, you buy it"

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok, so to cut the story short my gf's cousin took my helmet with out asking (switched with his yellow one) and took his moped and ran into a damn fire hydrant. Anyways its the $220 HJC helmet full face that the front flips up. I got it new with the bike. MY question is where do i sent it too to get it xrayed to make sure the foam or whatever is intact and it isn't useless? Or what do you guys think i should do? I am so steaming mad, glad hes ok ( Just one tiny tiny tiny cut on his leg ) but still wonder why he woudl take mine. Thanks for the advise
[V]

First elim gets taken off, then ticket, now this [V]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Hate to disagree nexus, but a X-ray will show any damage, if it's undamaged and feels weird the foam just needs to be realigned. :)
He should pay for the xray for sure, or just a new helmet.
If the helmet checks out OK in the xray, make sure he pays for that AND getting your helmet repainted :D

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
226 Posts
He took your helmet?! Man, my helmet is for me ONLY! I'de be pissed with him just to wear it, but he even crashed with it!! I wouldn't think twice: throw it away and buy a new one. With his money. Helmets can get badly damaged without any outside signs. The foam may have compressed enough to make it unsafe next time it goes down. I wouldn't play with my head's safety... maybe that's why I have a 600 Euro helmet (Arai Astro/j).

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by Matt

Ok, so to cut the story short my gf's cousin took my helmet with out asking (switched with his yellow one) and took his moped and ran into a damn fire hydrant. Anyways its the $220 HJC helmet full face that the front flips up. I got it new with the bike. MY question is where do i sent it too to get it xrayed to make sure the foam or whatever is intact and it isn't useless? Or what do you guys think i should do? I am so steaming mad, glad hes ok ( Just one tiny tiny tiny cut on his leg ) but still wonder why he woudl take mine. Thanks for the advise
[V]

First elim gets taken off, then ticket, now this [V]
Sorry to say, and this might just make me sound like an real asshole.
Sure, it was the best thing that could have happened in a situation like this. Meaning that good that your gf's cousin is allright.
But... If I was in your shoes, I'd just make him buy me a new one.
And for that matter, my helmet is for me only. I've got a few "cheaper" ones that I can borrow to friends if they need one etc.
But still it's your call.
Hope you get this thing solved.

-Creep-
03 636

·
Registered
940 Posts
My two....

The helmet may look perfectly normal on the outside and be completely useless in a collision.....get a new one....

BTW....what I would do is put the helmet back on the kid's head and bang him around a little bit in your own little "collision test session"...

'02 ZX-6R

...Adventure, Excitement...the Jedi craves not these things...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Matt- IMO you should let him replace it. Make him buy you a new one. It doesn't matter what the x-ray shows. Whether it is useable or not, he scratched it, and that wasn't the way you left it before he took it. Make him buy you a new one. You shouldn't have to ride around with a scratched helmet because of someone elses negligence! Good luck.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, it's very simple. Dude took one or your possessions without permission, and broke it. So now he gets to replace it. He should already know that.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd have to agree with most here.... don't worry about the xray.

The helmet's done its job. Thank it, throw it away and tell your gf's cousin he owes you a new helmet (and very possibly his life!) :)

Out of the light...into the shadows....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wouldnt take any chances. Tell him he can keep the old one (since he obviously likes it[:p] and get him to pay for a new one for you. You only got one head and I wouldnt be taking chances.

Go hard or go home

·
Registered
471 Posts
what lee said.

it's a question of YOUR safety, he basically stole your helmet and messed it up.

helmets are one time use only. once you go down and it touched the ground, it's done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.