Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at some VFRs for longer distance riding. Anyone have any goods or bads?

Here's one that's in town (eBay) and there's another I'm looking at tomorrow: 92 w/17K @ $2600. I'd like the 800, but they've got the funny looking flat nose until 02 and they're more than double what the 90-94ish is running.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I swapped my 6R for about one full hour of riding with a guy we sometimes ride with on his 2003 VFR800... and while I'd NEVER EVER swap the bikes permanently, I was impressed with (1) how well it handled for a heavy bike and (2) how I wasn't even BEGINNING to be tired or sore when we switched back an hour later. On top of that it had the absolute sweetest shifting gearbox I've ever used.

HOWEVER, I couldn't wait to get my baby back, the VFR just isn't my cup of tea. Very upright, very conservative, very tourey, and when I'm hammering an 800cc bike to the stops for all it's worth through the gear and every single 600 riding with us is plain flying by me out of corners, into corners, and down the straights (badly), I think it gets depressing.

But as you say, for slower longer-distance riding, you will NOT beat 'em. And you can drive the thing all day long without a worry of tiring or stiffening.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the 2002/2003's look pretty hot
Single sided swingarm and twin cans sticking out under the rear seat.
Too bad their touring/sport and not full sport bikes.
But considing it's a touring bike, it looks hand down the best compared to the other tourers out there....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I put money down on one and I'll pick it up Friday. 92 w/17K. Looks just like this pic, but has some gay-ass Corbin seat with purple welting and a chrome high-mount.

·
Registered
558 Posts
that doesn't look all that bad...for a touring bike;)...i ride with a kid who's got a 01 800 and he just absolutly(sp? it's 3am) loves it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
looks pretty clean, gary! I'd be proud to have one of those join the ranks in my garage. Motorcyclist just said something about VFRs in their 50 best used bikes article. I don't remember which year they were recommending.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.