Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has just over 14000 miles on it and i have recently replaced the rear tire, front sprocket and the chain. I was unable to replace the rear sprocket because i was sent the wrong chain lenght. I ride 60 miles one way and never noticed the vibration untill just recently. Just wandering if anyone might know what it might be.. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Was your new sprocket oem from kawi or aftermarket company? aftermarket companies usually do not have a rubber insulator on the front sprocket hence with the aftermarket ones you feel more vibration from this. You may also want to do if you have not done one and depending on mileage a throttle body syncronization.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have no flat spots, but my sprockets are aftermarket, and the front did not have that rubber thing, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET THE THROTTLE BODIES SYNCED? In order to get the new rear sprocket on i have to find a link kit. I need just 1&1/2 extra links. i went from the stock 40thooth to a 43 tooth, but got a stock chain. any ideas where to get one.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Getting your throttle bodies sync'd isnt a major service job and I would think 2 hours of labor at best maybe 3 if there going to charge you one hour of removing stuff, 1 hour for doing the adjustment and then the 3rd hour for reinstalling everything. So lets say $200 at most to do the adjustment and this is most likely dealership prices with most private run shops charging you just 2 hours of labor.

You can find a replacement link usually right on the net at various websites, just check out sprocketcenter.com or a couple other websites under google for a replacement master link rivet style (make sure its not clip style).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Was your new sprocket oem from kawi or aftermarket company? aftermarket companies usually do not have a rubber insulator on the front sprocket hence with the aftermarket ones you feel more vibration from this.
You are my hero dude. That shit has puzzled me for a while. I just walked outside and finally realized why the AM sprockets vibrate so much more.

Huh. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.