Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Vibration with clutch only starting from a standstill

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  danfocusfocus 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 Ninja 650 and a 2017 Z650. The issue is with the Ninja. Starting from a dead stop, when I slowly let the clutch start to engage, I get a very noticeable vibration. This is my 10th motorcycle and I'm good with the clutch. I've never had a bike do this. The clutch does not slip and have any issues once I get going. As a comparison, My Z does not have anything like this it is super smooth requiring just a little throttle to get going. I got it used and the bike has about 7600 miles on it.

But the Ninja, it wants to vibrate considerably, I can rev the motor up which lessens it. Also If it seems, if I let it out passed a certain point to when its at the edge of full engagement, the vibration goes away. No vibrations at all once moving. I searched the forum for an hour and saw nothing like my post.

Edit:In doing a little further research, what I'm experiencing might be chain tug. I've never had a bike with a loose chain, But based on what I read this could actually be the issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

#5 ·
I have a 2020 z650, been a brilliant bike until someone tried to steal it now just seems to be one issue after another. I also have very strong vibration when pulling off I first and sometimes second gear after that it's fine. I have an aftermarket exhaust but have had it on for months and this has only been happening for a few weeks. It getting quite frustrating as doesn't seem to be the exhaust as is the same with stock or aftermarket. All the suspension looks great and I'm just now worried it could be the clutch as it seems to get better when it has warmed up. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.