Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all have a quick question about vibrations that i am getting...they just started. feels like the front end....as if the wheel is out of balance...only happens over 110 mph +...is it possible for the wheel and tire assembly to just go out of balance suddenly like that? if it is any consequence, i never felt them until after i adjusted my chain...but like i said i get the vibration in the bars like it is coming from the front. any help?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats a pretty vague question. What tire pressures are you running? How many lines are showing on your front preload? How many clicks from full stiff are your rebound and compression settings? Have you had your headstock bearings checked?
Vibration over 110mph, come on now!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Side note-You Will Get Some Vibes By Having you Chain Too Tight.
Better too loose than too tight. Hard on crankshaft bearings and swingarm movement.
Try adjusting it again and get back with us.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Double check your rear wheel alignment -- since you say they surfaced after you tightened the chain. If the rear wheel isn't perfectly straight, it'll ride out of trail with the front, and can cause steering wobble like that. It's like the bike is riding down the road like this

&nbsp&nbsp|
&nbsp/
|

Only not nearly as exaggerated, obviously. It'll normally make cornering feel different from one direction to the other - one way will feel wonderful, better than normal - the other way will feel wonky, like the ass end is trying to wander off to one side.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can anybody suggest a procedure for measuring rear wheel alignment other than the marks on the swing arm...i just noticed after looking at my rear tire that it is really gettin worn...thinking maybe that the alignment marks may not be right

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Use two straight lengths of wood check them back to back to ensure they have straight edges.
Place both planks either side of the rear tyre touching the outer edges pointing forward towards the front wheel. Check the gap between each plank and the front tyre it should be even either side. Does that make sense?
This will be with the bike supported by a paddock stand or similar.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.