Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dave,
AWESOME B Superstock video! Man , our shift points are REALLY close .... but I can tell you were geared a bit lower than I was, I should have been lower as well.
My gearing was a bit off , I was running 16F 44R but only by a last minute scramble.
You downshifted twice going into T6 then down one more into 7 where as if I did that I was in the rev limiter exiting T7 so I had to stay a gear higher which killed my drive out.
I also short shifted once more in the esses so that's probably why.
Mind if I save / share the videos? I just wanted to let you know that I think they are awesome, good job! :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh and in the second part of the C Superstock race video at the 5 minute mark........ the guy on the 06 R6 with orange that came around on your left was Mike , one of the guy's I was pitted with. Another awesome video. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks; it was fun making them (aside from the crash). I should have gone with 15F/43R, I was hitting the rev limiter just before T9. 16/44 is way too far off for RA, you probably wouldn't have hit the limiter in 5th gear... ;) I think 16/45 would be the lowest I would go.

Please feel free to keep and share the video.

- Dave

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Oh man, crash didn't look too fun. Did you target fixate? It looked like you still could have made the corner.

I've never done either of those tracks. Barber looks like an awesome track.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah , I was in 6th WFO around T9 and had plenty left , so that wasn't the problem.:D
I had 15F 44R on the bike when I got to the track and knew I would be in the limiter waaaaay early so the fastest thing I could do was go to a 16 upfront so I didn't have to cut the chain or anything.

I think I will run 15 43/42 for the GNF.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Uh, was that concrete or just a lighter asphalt that you took the tumble on?

Looks like rough edges where the surface changes as well. [:M75]

Is that common on the tracks you ride?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I kept the throttle pinned a bit longer than normal trying to pass the two guys to my left, then had a lot of extra speed to scrub off. I was starting to turn in (late as hell) when the bottom dropped out. I'm not sure what happened.

RedFinn - yes, that was concrete. RoadAtl has a bunch of it. They run cars on the track, and they tear up the asphalt, so the concrete patches are all that works. Every track uses something different to patch things, but it is common so see stuff like this at pretty much all dual-use tracks. And yes, the seams between the pavement and concrete are pretty rough (especially coming out of T5).

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I could be wrong of course, but it looks pretty obvious to me that you hit the concrete seam and off you went. Nothing more to it. Even asphalt to asphalt seams will easily cause problems.

I did one race in Estonia (former east bloc country) last year and they had one turn with a concrete patch in it. I thought it was fucking ridiculous.

Barber seemed much nicer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.