Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's seems to be an abandoned bike (out of state plates) where I live (Apartment). Some of the neighbors have told me that it's been there for about 2 years. I've seen it on it's side a few times and uprighted it. I don't know too much about bikes yet but I figured if it's abandoned then maybe I an get my hands on it (legally).

My question is where are the ID numbers on a motorcycle? I want to call the motor vehicle department to see if they can find the owner. Unfortunately, it's not a ninja but a Suzuki Katana 600. Not sure of the year but from what I've seen on the inet it maybe a 95. Here's a pic of a similar bike (http://www.zion-tech.com/katana1.jpg). Are the ID numbers the same on all motorcycles?

Thanks for the help.

Warren

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, I had a 97 Katana, and I think they are all the same from 89-97, so it could be almost any one of those years. There should be a plate on the front of the frame near the triples, down below the fairing. If not, you may need to take the fairing off and find one on the frame or engine mount area. They are heavy as shit, and underpowered, but a great project bike, possibly a great drag setup!:D Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a pic of my Katana before I got rid of it and got my 03 636![8D]

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
537 Posts
Heavy, yes! underpowered, yes! Maybe free, YES! Even a Katana deserves a good home.

P.S. Do you know if it runs?

ZX6R-J1 2000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.