Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i am having an issue with 2006 636. It was just about 13,000 miles now and i have just started noticing this week that when ever i put the bike under any kind of significant power just about half way up the power band i get very violent jolts. The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me and i had no idea what it was. I thought it could have been the chain because it has not been tighened in a fairly long time... After tightening the chain i am still getting this jolting. I am beginning and i really hope not that something is wrong with the clutch or transmission. The last maint to do on this bike was an oil change with amsoil 10W-40 motorcycle oil, which was about 1500 miles ago. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens in 2nd and also 3rd, havent tryed in 1st or any higher gear because it im alittle weary that something bad will happen or the disruption cause me to spill..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what should i be searching for? i tryed doing a search for "jerking" but nothing helpful came up. So my tranny could really be shot, what could cause this in a low mile bike like this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok alittle update... I checked the chain for any kind of kink, there is none, the bike revs freely in neutral. Also i took it back out to check to see what it would do on a slower acceleration. It will rev out the gear to redline, it is only when there is harder acceleration that there seems to be an issue with the jolting. The jolting does seem to be more mechanical. my first guess is that the clutch is slipping but at the same time i dont see why it would be such a harsh jolt if that was the case so i want to rule that out but i dont know for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nevada, just out of curiousity whats going to happen if i continue to ride the bike lightly? will it slowly just get to the point of unridability or will it just all of a sudden fail or explode? i am only curious at this point because i am either going to go 3 ways with this... sell it as is... part it out... or ride it nicely for the rest of the season and then just do everything over winter... Also what engines and transmissions are swapable with the model bike? again just wondering as i wouldnt mind going with a newer engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts