Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well i bought a wrecked 00 zx6r for my stunt rat and well runnin into some issues
didnt run when i bought it.. no spark, well i tracked it down to the ecu and replaced it with a 01 ecu and wala spark. bike fired up but would not run correct, i replaced teh plugs tore out the carbs and cleaned them along with the floats and jets, the bike will idle fine then the tail light will give a quick flicker and the bike will INSTANTLY die not bog die but just instant then will fire right back up when idling if i give it throttle it will rev up die out wit the flicker again and then sometimes pop the exhaust (like it restarted a flooded pipe) and stay runnin other times just dies but then fires right back up. ive broken it down to this tell me what yo think. i have a brand new battery for the bike i didnt wanna put it in and ruin it by al the crankin if it wasnt gonna start cuz i didnt know if it would or not so i just hooked the jumpers up to my trailblazer and been runnin it like that... i know they have voltage differences and probable different amps would this cause my bike to die out by not having the actual battery in it and having it hooked to an auto any input would help and if this is not it if neone has ne ideas id really appreciate it thanks guys!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys i figured it out it was the battery put a new charged battery in and runs like a champ so just so everyone knows DO NOT JUMP THESE OFF A CAR!! haha stupid move on my part

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.