Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Ok so , removed the exhaust for the O2 sensor back, go to install voodoo slip on and it dont line up. Any suggestions? Like its angled the wrong way and the logo is backward. Do I need an elbow?
    20200519_213323.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you salvage the old pipe by cutting it just after the flange and slipping on your voodoo to that? Just spitballin' here...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you salvage the old pipe by cutting it just after the flange and slipping on your voodoo to that? Just spitballin' here...
Well, where I pulled it off is just past the o2 sensor, connect to the muffler "box", and the actual muffler is attached to that. On the connection from the box to the pipe there really isn't any length. It is just a stub to connect to. Hope I explained it right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh...Then I'd take the Voodoo to a muffler and exhaust shop and see if they can make you a 4"-ish adapter with about a 30 degree bend and a flange to fit over your existing manifold. Show them that pic to help explain the situation too. Shouldn't cost too much. Strange that your pipe didn't come with an adapter...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was removed from the exhaust what you see in the pic was the big square pre muffler.. there wasnt any piping there or yes I would do that

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh...Then I'd take the Voodoo to a muffler and exhaust shop and see if they can make you a 4"-ish adapter with about a 30 degree bend and a flange to fit over your existing manifold. Show them that pic to help explain the situation too. Shouldn't cost too much. Strange that your pipe didn't come with an adapter...
👍 thanks. Ya I think that's my only option at this point. I called voodoo about that, all they could tell me is that it was designed to use with the big square pre muffler in tact. I told them they need to re evaluate, who the hell in their right mind is going to go through the expense and effort to add a slip on but leave that there?? That's just stupid. That being said, there are better options out there than voodoo...

Reactions: Zephyr
1 - 6 of 6 Posts