Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost, but I was hoping guys in the warmer climates with '06s could help me out on this one. I was looking into getting vortex frame sliders for my 06 636. I chose them b/c God forbid I go down, I can replace the puck and not the whole assembly. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of frame cutting is involved with these. If any pics are available, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
~ rick

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you crash HARD on the right side with a Vortex slider, you'll bend the engine spacer that the slider mounts to. You will then need to MOVE the ENTIRE engine to replace the engine spacer.

I'd recommend: R&G, LSL, Motorvation, Muzzy, Lockhart Phillips instead. They make an attempt to transfer crash energy into the frame/castle nut instead of concentrating it on the engine spacer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Make sure you don't get the no-cut LP's though, they have metal ends and do not transfer the energy. I am considering getting the LSL's in the future, they are much better, but no one decided to tell me until my vortex's were on. The LSL's cost a lot more though, and moving the engine around isn't really that difficult, def more work than i wanna do, but I wouldn't feel terrible about the engine wiggling if I went down, I would have other things to worry about, like plastic. That is of course unless I get a cage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.