Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
which is better? i know vortex are aluminum but how long have they lasted for you? :confused:
Superlite, hands down.

I've seen vortex sprockets go to shit way too fast to even think about running one. I just cleaned and lubed my chain again yesterday and my Superlite still looks brand new after a year of daily riding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superlite, hands down.

I've seen vortex sprockets go to shit way too fast to even think about running one. I just cleaned and lubed my chain again yesterday and my Superlite still looks brand new after a year of daily riding.

good to know thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I had a Vortex HARD Anodized on my 06 636 and I have one on my 09 10R, my 06 had 6000 miles on it of hard riding, chain lubed after every to every other ride and 2000 miles on my 09 10R, same lube times. When I sold my 636 last month, I didn't see ANY wear on the rear sprocket, Vortex makes an aluminum and a hard anodized aluminum, the basic aluminum will wear and or break fast but the hard anodized doesn't. If your street riding with a weekend here and there on the track, I would trust the hard anodized with my life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i got 2 for the superlite and one for the vortex so far think im just gonna be safe and go with the superlite. although the color of the vortex would look sick! but still for the money still think im gonna go wit the superlite. has ny one tryed geting these painted?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just go Driven and be done with it! ;)
+1. I had almost 20k on a true 160rwhp 1000rr and it still looked fine except the cheap chain I was running snapped and chipped the tips of the teeth when it came apart.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Superlite, hands down.

I run Superlite's on my zx6r, they are great. I have put probably 10k miles on them with no sign of wear as of yet. Keep it properly maintained and it should last quite a bit longer.

On the otherhand, I have never used aluminum sprockets so I won't say the Vortex's are good/bad. I don't do competition racing so I have no need for the marginally lighter sprocket. I prefer longevity.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Oh and for the record.....my 10R is pushing 167 hp to the wheel with that Vortex hard anodized rear sprocket and I am not easy on it...I ride my bikes hard and aggressive.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Oh and for the record.....my 10R is pushing 167 hp to the wheel with that Vortex hard anodized rear sprocket and I am not easy on it...I ride my bikes hard and aggressive.
Hard and aggressive like a girl!! :gay:

J/K

:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I had a Vortex HARD Anodized on my 06 636 and I have one on my 09 10R, my 06 had 6000 miles on it of hard riding, chain lubed after every to every other ride and 2000 miles on my 09 10R, same lube times. When I sold my 636 last month, I didn't see ANY wear on the rear sprocket, Vortex makes an aluminum and a hard anodized aluminum, the basic aluminum will wear and or break fast but the hard anodized doesn't. If your street riding with a weekend here and there on the track, I would trust the hard anodized with my life.
Guess there is a huge difference between the normal and hard anodized...my friends mild 636 ate one to shit and his chained jumped the sprocket on him doing 65mph on the highway. His passenger peg mount saved his leg from getting messed up - it has the nicks and gouges as a reminder.

He had maybe 3K on it, and it was regularly oiled. He swapped to a very inexpensive SunStar steel since then and its been holding up great but its heavy as hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts