Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cut a single headlight into the right side of my 2002 zx6r useing race plastic. I bought a set on ebay from tromexonline don't suggest buying from them. First off I didn't even try to cut it out of these because the state of everything nothing lined up. but if I buy a nice set from cheetah or something how could I go about cutting a headlight inon the right side( already have the light cut in half. Is there some sort of outline I can find. please help save hundreds of dollars!!!!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey man gimme a call if you still have my #. I can swing by and we can probably figure something out

My suggestion is to take masking tape, put about 3-4 layers over the light, trim the tape to the size of the light then stick it on the fairing and trace it. Im sure if it was infront of me I could figure it out. I also wanna try to fit the nose and sides on my bike if I still have it lol.

If you dont have my # its 839-9025......and of course you know the area code

·
Registered
812 Posts
I was planning on buying from them. Why do you say don't use them? It doesn't fit? hard to fit? or low quality? For that price I don't expect quality but don't want to go through what jelaous did with his ART hugger. That tromex people had good feedback, everybody was happy with it...

Thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a Tromex race tail....the quality is crappy but it fits pretty decent. I dont know about the rest of their parts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know how tromex has good feedback I bought the whole race set nothing quite fits. especially the front fender theres no way that it would fit you would have to zip tie the top to keep it on. the quality is that everything just cracks when it flexs. THEY JUST SUCK BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
If you do a search on the forum for a posting regarding fitting a headlight to race fairing you will get a good idea on how to do it. I should really write a how to based on what i did for a friend but at the moment i just dont have time. To sum it up you have to measure everything at all the key angles (on OEM & Race) and then tape it up and cut it an inch smaller and then work your way out to the size you need so the headlight fits in snug without cutting too much off to begin with. Its time consuming if you want to be anal like me but i believe you should take your time and get it perfect or theres no point doing it.

Russ

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by natezx6r
I really don't know how tromex has good feedback I bought the whole race set nothing quite fits. especially the front fender theres no way that it would fit you would have to zip tie the top to keep it on. the quality is that everything just cracks when it flexs. THEY JUST SUCK BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Originally posted by Deathace
If you do a search on the forum for a posting regarding fitting a headlight to race fairing you will get a good idea on how to do it. I should really write a how to based on what i did for a friend but at the moment i just dont have time. To sum it up you have to measure everything at all the key angles (on OEM & Race) and then tape it up and cut it an inch smaller and then work your way out to the size you need so the headlight fits in snug without cutting too much off to begin with. Its time consuming if you want to be anal like me but i believe you should take your time and get it perfect or theres no point doing it.

Russ
[:Agree]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.