Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals,

I want to get a black windshield for my '06 636; however, I do not want to spend $75 ... anyone know of how I can tint my stock windshield?

Also, I am looking for some carbon fiber decals that match the stock decals of the '06, anyone know where I can get some?

Thank You!

·
Registered
247 Posts
go buy some black spray paint for 3 bucks and have at it if you wann be cheep, or go to your local autozone/pepboys or what ever you have and buy some window tint-be sure to put the tint on the insid not the out side :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Some guys have used black spray paint, and you could buy spray tint that people usually buy for taillights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tint wont stick to plastic too well. it WILL peel. paint- you wont be able to see through it if that is a concern. spray tint will not turn out even.

how much is 75$ anyway? if it is that much of a problem, wait. why mess up your ride just to save a few bucks?

·
Registered
460 Posts
You spent how much on the bike, and are afraid to spend 75 bucks for a windscreen? Come on..[:M119]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by usmc8fan
You spent how much on the bike, and are afraid to spend 75 bucks for a windscreen? Come on..[:M119]
ditto! spent a fortune on a motorcycle, and too cheap to buy a $75 windscreen.. but will probably spend $30 on vinyl to make the decals carbon fiber in appearance. yikes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by Neme636
Hey Guys/Gals,

I want to get a black windshield for my '06 636; however, I do not want to spend $75 ... anyone know of how I can tint my stock windshield?

Also, I am looking for some carbon fiber decals that match the stock decals of the '06, anyone know where I can get some?

Thank You!
Whatup... i'm in Davis, not too far away. Just buy the dark double bubble for $75 and be done with it.

As far as decals, tapeworks.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

ditto! spent a fortune on a motorcycle, and too cheap to buy a $75 windscreen.. but will probably spend $30 on vinyl to make the decals carbon fiber in appearance. yikes.
Don't make me sound cheap ... I was just thinking that $75 dollars sounds like a lot for a piece of plastic that is barely a sqaure foot. I went to my local cycle parts store to see what they look like in person and I am just going to buy the black/dark smoke windshield for the bike ... was hoping to find a way around spending $75 for a sqaure foot of plastic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by Neme636

Don't make me sound cheap ... I was just thinking that $75 dollars sounds like a lot for a piece of plastic that is barely a sqaure foot. I went to my local cycle parts store to see what they look like in person and I am just going to buy the black/dark smoke windshield for the bike ... was hoping to find a way around spending $75 for a sqaure foot of plastic.
$3.15 to spray the shield, and $2 for duck tape graphics (electrical tape if you want to get fancy)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Did you see how much the OEM windscreen that you will be painting is worth? $141.78 on bikebandit.com so is half the cost for aftermarket really that bad?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont like any of the aftermarket windscreens, what i did was buy a bunch of stock windscreens off ebay for $15-$25 each, and ive been painting/tinting.. basically playing with them to try to find something i like... no success yet though :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Originally posted by jarkid27
go buy some black spray paint for 3 bucks and have at it if you wann be cheep, or go to your local autozone/pepboys or what ever you have and buy some window tint-be sure to put the tint on the insid not the out side :D
werd!!![:M99]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.