Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the really way to go faster is a bigger bike, but not everone can afford that. I have a K&N air fliter, D&D full exhaust with single carbon canster, and about to put the stage three jet kit on it. But I am tring to figure out if I will ever keep up with all my friends 600s.

·
Registered
380 Posts
On a straight probably not but since speed is about 80% rider ability you can probably keep up with them in the corners if you're riding is up to it... just my .02

·
Registered
293 Posts
My sis had an EX500. Once she got good enough, I switched and let her ride my ZX6R. Big, mistake, now she always wants to ride mine ;)

Hers had Jardine pipe (annoyingly loud), jet kit and K&N filter. I had no problem keeping up in the twisties. More power than was needed. But it has small tires, so I know I could not keep up with a good rider on a bike with good tires.

I still had a blast on the 500. You do need to keep the RPM's up above 7k to keep it "on the pipe".

·
Registered
126 Posts
i agree with marshmallow, a decent rider on a ex250 can smoke almost any bike in the twistys regardless of engine size. also if you want to go faster loosing 20 pounds will get you going better then all of the performance mods for your bike. if you question is "can i make my ex500 go faster then a zx600 or r6 or cbr600?" then the answer is no, those bikes are on a whole nother level

·
Registered
140 Posts
I smoke 600's and 1k's daily on my 250 daily, if you can get a good lead on them consistantly in the corners, you'll be able to stay in the lead even in the straights. Take it from me, Ive put 10k miles on my 250 stomping bigger bikes.:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
yea on straights? cuz i know for a fact there aint that many twisties in houston. thats where my sons g/f lives.

·
Registered
140 Posts
theres a few good twisties and places a 60 will outrin 1k's, they're all on the outskirts of town, and very rarely a pack of 600/1k's will ride over 170 for more than 10 mins

·
Registered
336 Posts
cops there are bad as hell, i hate going there to get her, i got a 86 in a 70 last time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.