Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
i'm not sure but have you thought about dropping the front a few mm? same effect you wouldn't have to wait for an answer and it'd be cheaper by a few cents. lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already dropped the front 6mm. I talked to a suspension tuner last weekend and he explained that raising the rear is not the same as dropping the front. He had a scientific way of looking at it and it really made sense. Anyhow, nobody knows the washer size???

·
Registered
634 Posts
Aren't those washers kinda expensive from the factory parts distributors, like over $50.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a track day out in Pahrump (first time out there) on the 10th and had a great time. A suspension guru helped me out by setting my suspension. He said that the 05 kawi will drop into turns a lot quicker if you add an 8 or 9mm spacer to the top stud of the rear shock (has anyone done this?). He actually had one of the spacers on hand but he only had one and it already had someone else's name on it.
I just got back from reserve duty but when I get settled in I am going to start looking into it some more.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought another 6mm spacer (stock 03/04) for like $1.60 or whatever ronayers has it for. I just need 2 or 3 friends to help me put it in. It's the same thing as dave mentioned.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just raised the rear 5mm by cutting a 3/4" ID washer. Install was easy. I originally had the front dropped 6mm, so when i raised the rear 5mm, i raised the front 5 mm to keep the same geometry. The bike now feel way better! Turn in great, finishes corners awesome, and front end feel is good.

Dave Kozich - 06/24/2006 : 05:12 AM

I did a track day out in Pahrump (first time out there) on the 10th and had a great time. A suspension guru helped me out by setting my suspension. He said that the 05 kawi will drop into turns a lot quicker if you add an 8 or 9mm spacer to the top stud of the rear shock (has anyone done this?). He actually had one of the spacers on hand but he only had one and it already had someone else's name on it.
I just got back from reserve duty but when I get settled in I am going to start looking into it some more.

Thats interesting how your suspension tuner says raising rear 8-9mm. I may experiment with more rear height adjustment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.