Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone who's done a fender eliminator on their ZX-6R, or turned it into a track-only bike. In the process, you've probably cut off the blinker and license plate light connectors in the rear. If you've still got those seemingly useless connectors laying around, I need 'em!

I want to keep my stock fender (as lame as it is, to keep the SoCal popo off my back) but I take it off for track days. I'm lazy and sick of removing both seats, the plastic piece in between, and then the rear side cowl, just to get at the connectors. I also don't want to hack apart my wiring harness and put in some Micky-Mouse connectors from Radio Shack. My intent is make a jumper harness with stock connectors. However, no one will sell me just the connectors, and I'm not going to but the entire wiring harness for 3 silly connectors.

Connectors from the wiring harness from the bike:

Connectors from the blinkers and license plate light on the fender:

Let me know if you've got these connectors and can spare 'em! Hook a gal up! THANK YOU!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be so awesome if you could take a look. Please keep me posted. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I'm not sure what connectors you're looking for the harness or the light connectors. If you're looking for the light connectors check out Lockhart Phillips.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need both ends (harness and light) to make the jumper...

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Fender Eliminator on its way to my house. When it arrives, I'll let you know. Where in SoCal are you (I'd guess Glendale based on your popo comment).
LOL! I'm reppin' Lomita (between Torrance and Long Beach).

I say reppin' 'cause I a white girl and there's a palm tree in my city logo. Werd!

Yeah, please keep me posted either way. Thank you!

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
When I again, I will take a look and see those have been hacked off yet, or if they are still there.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Another possibility may be to use a Scorpio Alarm Connector Kit.

I know the Scorpio Alarm Flashes the turn signals when it sounds the alarm, so they have to have both sides of the connector. One for the OEM turn signals and one for the OEM harness. I just can't remember it's been a long time since I installed mine.

;)

Like this:

Just make sure you get the correct Scorpio Alarm Connector Kit for your bike.

;)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Final bump before I order them from Newbie's Beaver company. They want a minimum $20 order. Does anyone else need connectors? Or did anyone find their useless connectors and just want to ship them to me because you're awesome?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts