Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So in 06 I bought a brand new 636. The dealer offered me a 3 year extention on my warranty for like 800$. So I passed and posted something about it on here. A guy named Kevin Jump from Advance Kawasaki, a forum sponsor at the time contacted me and offered to do the extention for... I think 305$
Annnnyway... now my warranty will exprire in october of this year.... I get a letter from Kawasaki offering to extend it for another term of one or two years. But the price is high. Especially given he bike only has 7000mi on it. I know they don't know that and all. So... I gather that Advance Kawasaki doesn't exist anymore. So what im looking to find out is if anybody has a good contact at a dealership that will make me a good price on he warranty or if we have a forum sponsor Kawasaki dealer... I think at one time cyberdos worked at a dealer but I dont know if he's even around anymore. So, anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
835 Posts
How many times did you bring you're bike in and utilize the service warranty you'd previously purchased ?

·
Registered
685 Posts
your bike is now 5 years old, if anything was going to happen to your bike it would have already...

Unless you have extra cash to waste, I wouldnt get the warranty.

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
How many times did you bring you're bike in and utilize the service warranty you'd previously purchased ?
your bike is now 5 years old, if anything was going to happen to your bike it would have already...

yes, both of these.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
don't do it, they're a waste of money. Your bike has approximately the same amount of miles and time from purchase as mine. Save the $$$ and either buy goodies or put aside for repair fund if something happens. Engine wise, I've done all the maintenance (aside from valve adjustment) and the motor has been solid. Keep up with coolant, oil and filter changes and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
warranty.

Once. A couple of months after my two year would have expired my gas tank developed a crack along a weld on the bottom right side near the lowest point. The dealer replaced the tank. The bill would have been over $600. Not a bad return on my $305 investment in the extended warranty. My peace of mind is worth something just to know if something breaks and I don't have money to fix it its covered. Also. I haven't been riding much the past few years... as evidenced by my only clocking 7k mi in 5 years. But now my girlfriend lives 230 miles away so its looking like due to the bike getting much better fuel economy than my car.... i will be riding alot more miles now. probably a much as a thousand miles a month if I make the trip to see her every other weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump bump

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Hey I got the same notice in the mail yesterday Kawasaki wants $440 to extend my warranty another two years or I can extend it for one year but I can't remember how much they wanted for the one year extension.

;)

By the way my original extended warranty is up next year

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still looking. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got a two year from a local dealer for $245. I could have done a little better online but I'd rather deal local when the margin was so low. This guys awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts